Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Some really nice people broke into my Evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some really nice people broke into my Evo

Hi everyone. Just wanted to vent about some dip****s busting up my driver's side front window last night and taking my DVD player. They also broke into another 2-3 cars in my apartment complex the same night. I guess they started their Christmas shopping early? This is the 2nd time that my neighbor had to ring my door in the morning to wake me up and deliver the bad news. Last time was in April (a week before my birthday) when someone took a vacuum cleaner that was sitting by a dumpster near where i parked and tossed it into my windshield. The vac then bounced off, after caving-in the windshield, and fell on the hood, making a ding and scratching it up. Do i need to mention that it was on the weekend that Fast and Furious (4) came out?

I had a Jensen 9511TS DVD player with flip-out touchscreen. It's been 5 years since i've had it and no one ever tried to steal it before. The bastards also tore out the HVAC cover panel and the HVAC module, so the white plastic part of the module needs to be replaced and the HVAC cables got disconnected from the internal flaps, so i can't get hot air while i'm driving on the highway in a cold rain The idiots dropped a leather carry case from a Leatherman, so the cop took that to see if they can get some prints off it, but because it's porous leather and because of the dew, he wasn't too optimistic about getting any decent prints. He said they usually wear gloves anyway.

Well, that was my monday after Thanksgiving! Maybe we can be on the lookout on ebay or something? Anything to get these bastards caught. Too bad i don't think i saved the serial number from the unit. I don't have an alarm because i always thought they'd just bypass it too, but i guess i should've bought one after the first incident.

Last edited by JoizeeX; Dec 1, 2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear that bro that def sucks! some people are just so inconsiderate of what others are fortunate enough to have!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:39 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Yah I had someone break into my truck a few years ago. They broke out the super cab window and stole my cd player, ipod, radar detector and cds. Honestly.. it wasn't a big deal. All of that stuff was old and wasn't worth much. BUT that window cost $600 to replace.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Makes me wish we lived in Saudi, if you know what I mean.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

lol yea, they'd lose both frigging hands. although, i would keep insisting to the judge that they somehow must've used their "firemen" to steal my stuff lol.

i got a good use out of that unit, it basically cost me $10 a month for 5 years, but it's just the hassle i have to go through now, to get this fixed, while i have some very important deadlines to meet at work. and the inconsiderate a-holes couldn't just pull the thing out, they had to bust out the HVAC? the ****?! so now, i'm also gonna be paying for an alarm and a new unit. great, as if my upcoming 60k service wasn't bad enough ($1400)

thanks for the support guys
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

hey man, check out my thread entitled " Happy Thanksgiving?" i have pics
I just went through the same thing, i was at a hotel, they stle my elpine deck, navigation, boost gauge, wideband, ipod touch, ipod nano, my macbook and even my coin tray.

screw theives.. im feelin' for ya man!

hopefully insurance will take care of you!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

wow dude, you got quoted 6k! i know those seat covers are ridiculous, i had one of mine replaced under warranty in the first year because it cracked when i slightly leaned on the side of it. which reminds me, i should check mine to see if those f-tards might've broken them.

so you're going with viper alarm? i'm trying to narrow down what to get because i already know what dvd player i'll get to replace mine, another jensen lol. it worked great for me. so i need to decide on the alarm. any ideas and what makes some better than others? i want something with a pager that i can put next to my pillow at night lol
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:37 PM

Man that sucks, that's why I'm always scared to park my car outside..
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you need to move out. Sorry about the bad news. This has happened to me and some crack head ended up with a SChitty CD player and a bookbag full of nothing, lol.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

thats the worst. doing nothing to deserve it, just some a hole having nothing better to do with their life.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

I had my Lexus broken into a couple years ago for a first gen iPod. The worst part is, they broke 2 windows out to do it. Anyway, I'll probably shoot the next person to break into any of my vehicles or house, and just tell the cops I saw a gun in his hands.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 07:23 AM

I'm feeling you man... I've had my vehicle(s) broken into a total of 4 times. On top of that, I've had a window shot out of my old SRT and the wifes car at the same time. Hell when I bought my GTO is was a week old when a school bus came down the road and took my mirror off lol..
Old Dec 1, 2009, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

yeah some f**kers took my radar detector couple months back when my car was parked in my parents driveway while I was at the beach in their vehicle with my wife I feel ya
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

someone busted my window for my shift knob and a air refresher 3 months ago, im still cleaning glass, so now i got me a nice viper alarm so this time if they do bust the window, maybe ill have enough time to shoot at them through my window
Old Dec 1, 2009, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

it's pretty crazy what kind of things they'd do, 2 windows broken? WTF?

the shop quoted me some $1400 for repairing the dash panel and hvac control module and fixing some minor scratches and painting over chipped paint that resulted from the glass falling on the door. it's a big time Chevy dealer, so their body shop goes through all the lil things to make the car look new (i've used them before, as they're an approved shop through State Farm). However, that quote is not counting the possible additional replacement of the big heater module on the inside, because the tabs that hold the cables on it broke off when they yanked the hvac controls out. At least i know that it'll only cost me $250 + 20% car rental, but still, that's nuts. That's not counting whatever they'll pay me for the headunit. I could be nice and just tell State Farm not to bother getting the shop to replace every stupid lil thing and just patch it up instead, so i dunno. Then again, i am paying $2000 a year for insurance.

Quick Reply: Some really nice people broke into my Evo