Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

4G63 Iphone 4 background

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fknchristoph
Driod > Iphone
Verizon service > ATT service
:]
In all reality, ATT has the best network, its just super overloaded, as ATT has 9-10 times more customers then Verizon and more customers then Verizon, T-mobile and Sprint all combined together.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
In all reality, ATT has the best network, its just super overloaded, as ATT has 9-10 times more customers then Verizon and more customers then Verizon, T-mobile and Sprint all combined together.
Please back that up with facts. I'd like to see it.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dube
Please back that up with facts. I'd like to see it.
Okay, one sec. Ill try to locate the graph I got the info from.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Okay, one sec. Ill try to locate the graph I got the info from.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...work_operators

have a look at the number 16 and number 17 carriers..
8-9 times i think not...
5.8 million less than veriozon.

Edit:
this one narrows it down to just the US...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#United_States

Last edited by Rxracer; Jul 19, 2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

All this iphone 4 Droid X is getting me confused.. Idk what side to go for, but I do no that the Samsung Galaxy S will be a pretty nice phone.

But OP love the pic!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rxracer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...work_operators

have a look at the number 16 and number 17 carriers..
8-9 times i think not...
5.8 million less than veriozon.

Edit:
this one narrows it down to just the US...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#United_States

Im not finding the chart I saw. I believe it was for US market and smartphones only.

That data you posted is for all phones, including non-smart phones.

But I dont really care. I have had BOTH Verizon and AT&T service THIS YEAR and I picked AT&T over Verizon, mostly cuz IMHO the Iphone OS is a LOT better then the Android OS (yes, even 2.2). There was a lot of things I didnt like about the Android OS.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

I thought the 2.2 was just released on the Droid X? Am I wrong? If i'm not then that means you've tested out the X and somehow with the crappy connection you have with the iPhone you still like it more than the awesome network from Verizon. See this is what I don't get. People say oh the ATT network is only bad because of so many people that have the iPhone. That's funny because with all of the people with the droids Verizon still has an amazing network. Hmm, who'd a thunk?

Oh and IF your data was correct on the smartphones only. Give Verizon .. how many years has the iPhone been out compared to the Droid? Yeah, that much time.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:48 PM

I was just tired of steve jobs telling me what i could and coudnt do with my device.
and the fact that i get reception in the areas i go camping with verizon..
i also like my droid more than my iphone so that helped.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:50 PM

I thought the 2.2 was just released on the Droid X? Am I wrong? If i'm not then that means you've tested out the X and somehow with the crappy connection you have with the iPhone you still like it more than the awesome network from Verizon. See this is what I don't get. People say oh the ATT network is only bad because of so many people that have the iPhone. That's funny because with all of the people with the droids Verizon still has an amazing network. Hmm, who'd a thunk?

2.2 has not been released to the droid X yet, they are talking late summer.
it was released on june 23rd to the carries so they can add thier sense to it, like htc sense and motoblur. it than will get released to the devices.
the olny device it has been released to is the Nexus 1, or if you mod your phone you can put a custom 2.2 rom on it like i did my brothers original droid.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Oh and IF your data was correct on the smartphones only. Give Verizon .. how many years has the iPhone been out compared to the Droid? Yeah, that much time.
Okay, I believe I was mistaken in saying 2.2, I guess it was 2.1 (or maybe 2.0.) Regardless, it was the new (newer) Android OS.

All I was trying to say is that I have used AT&T and Verizon networks and their new phone recently. I had service for both this year. I liked the AT&T service and the Iphone better. Sorry that gets you mad, but its MY life, not yours.

Also, I doubt you have had a iphone4 and AT&T service this year and at the same time as Verizon, like I did. So it seems like Im speaking from experience with both company this year and your speaking only from having Verizon.

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Jul 19, 2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

The iPhones are pretty cool don't get me wrong. But where i'm located they have no service what so ever. So I went with Verizon. My buddy has the iPhone has no service but still loves it to death, he even wants to get the 4! Reasoning? Fan boy.

The phone I have is the HTC Eris, it's a POS. Ive had so many sound problems with it its not even funny. But I keep getting replacements i'm about to say, give me the Droid X for free!! But i'll deal with what I have. It's my first smart phone and it does what minimum it's needed for.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:35 AM

Thanks for sharing this find OP, may have to try it out for a while.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 02:04 AM

iPhone! Nice background
Old Sep 3, 2010, 02:22 AM

whats the camera pxls on the htc phones?? i played around with a friends iphone 4 and it seems pretty cool. the menu itself is not a big difference with the prvious iphone but there are several noticeable improvements, for example the camera. I liked it but Im open to looking around for other alternatives, HTC phones look pretty cool.

OP cool background, original!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 02:43 AM

i really want an iphone 4. Im waiting to see what happens after the 30th.

Quick Reply: 4G63 Iphone 4 background