Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need help, any suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help, any suggestions.

Whats up guys! New to the forum, just had a a general question for anyone that might have any suggestions. So, i have a Evo 9 MR 2006. I installed the HKS race suction colda air intake into my car about a month ago and had no issues until today. No, when i get my car up to about 16 psi on the turbo gauge my car loses pressure and i can't accelerate any faster or the car just shakes. I've had this problem once before, and found out the one of the vacuum hoses came loose. Once clapped the vacuum tube back everything ran fine again. So, i checked this time to see if any hoses where loose, and i didn't find anything. i even dismounted and re-installed everything fresh. still doing the same thing when i hit about 16 psi.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 03:09 PM

Hello, the intake is the only mod? You just got the car or had it for a while?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 09:35 PM

Put everything back to stock reset the ECU and see if this happens agin. Its not a good thing to do the intake on our cars without a reflash, tune or some sort of engine management.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah anything that's gonna screw with air fuel ratios on any turbo'd car without a tune is asking for problems. Do yourself a favor, get an exhaust with that intake and dont throw them on until you can afford a tune.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like your afr is off, probably running too lean. Don't go WOT or you run the risk of damaging the engine if you are running lean.