Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Rim color change!
Gloss Black
67.16%
Red
13.43%
Purple
19.40%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Rim color change!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GTijoejoe
dude purple on TB does not blend... its like painting your wheels grey on a silver car.
Just my $.02
I have an AS SE. My winter wheels are gunmetal gray. I think it looks good.

Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gloss black
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:20 PM

even tho white isn't part of your option, it would look sick on your blue car! other than that.... gloss black
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks again to everyone for your opinions. I chose a color and its all done. Pics later tonight.

Originally Posted by Team Haymaker
if you decide to change them Id say bright orange. then call me for the first photoshoot
The link below is blue with orange. (VW content as im a VW guy sorta)
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...orange-aristos

Yo Craig, i finished painting my rims and will post pics tonight when i get home. They loom dope as hell and looms real good with blue, better then i thought even. Well def organize a photo shoot session.

Dj
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
**** black. everyone has that. Do purple, i think it'll look insane!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

here's a crappy iphone pic teaser. time to wash the car and shoot some pics. Ill try and post tonight.

Craig!!! Let's meet up this weekend for a shoot This **** looks siick! i love it.

Let me know what you all think, and thanks again for all your opinions, even thou i went with a color that i didn't put in my poll

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All i gotta say is, this pic doesn't do it justice. The rim color and car color just compliment one another. Really goes well, a lot better then i even thought it would.

Dj
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

i dont even know why u would even consider purp or blue or red or whatever. those look hideous. i dont even like gloss black. go flat black, gun metal, charcoal, etc.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by str8kor
i dont even know why u would even consider purp or blue or red or whatever. those look hideous. i dont even like gloss black. go flat black, gun metal, charcoal, etc.
seems like you don't like a lot of things lol. Blue? i never considered blue, that would be overkill. They may look hideous to you, again the picture doesn't do it justice just yet, and i think they look way sick, and so does everyone else that has seen my car so far.

Flat black, gun metal, charcoal is all pretty much a shade of black which is kind of boring, and i already had a set of gunmetal gray/black set of wheels on all my cars, so its kinda dead and boring, i wanted something new and i think these came out awesome.

But thanks for your comment... i guess lol

dj
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

i like eb/bronze combo:

Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PKEVO8
i like eb/bronze combo:
That does look nice. Again i've had that on my subaru before i got the evo.

WRB bugeye with gold/bronze 5star double spoke and loved it. I'll probably paint my rims again in a year or two, i always like switching it up since it doesn't take me very long to do. Sand blaster ftw!

dj
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

good choice on wheel color. how you like the orange. the orange doesnt look bad on my car. its just differant from all the other colors you see out there. i almost went a midnight blue color. but i wanted to stand out with the orange. everyone calls my car a hot wheels or a skittle.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:52 PM

Not trying to be a hater but it looks like something out of too fast too furious... a bit over the top. I realize everyone has different tastes though.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnDoe1984
I have an AS SE. My winter wheels are gunmetal gray. I think it looks good.

Hey, thats gunmetal, not 'gray'....

FYI: we hope you didn't jack your car up in the position the jack is currently in
Thats not a jack point and you can distort your body, its not designed to take that type of loading.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by henrys
Not trying to be a hater but it looks like something out of too fast too furious... a bit over the top. I realize everyone has different tastes though.
I accept all opinions, after all, it is just an opinion. I do realize its a funky setup and may look a little "power wheels" toy like. But if you see it in person its really a "real" color, very alive and it really looks good with the blue in person especially. As much as it may look like a toy, it doesn't. Looks very rich and alive, and on a side note, it is my "big boy toy".

Appreciate all responses, and ill post some pictures tomorrow, as i didn't have much time and it was foggy as hell.

Originally Posted by GTijoejoe

FYI: we hope you didn't jack your car up in the position the jack is currently in
Thats not a jack point and you can distort your body, its not designed to take that type of loading.
Nope thats not how it was jacked, after i did jack the car and had it on all 4 stands i just had it up in the center for support, no weight of the car was actually on the middle section, but good info.

dj
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:03 PM

id go with gloss black for sure

Quick Reply: Rim color change!