Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2 and 3 gauge full pillar replacement pods, and new gauge faces

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2003, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 and 3 gauge full pillar replacement pods, and new gauge faces

Hi folks. New to the board, don't even have my evo yet (will get it end of next week) but already been searching and have found a few things missing.

As an administrator of the Avenger/Sebring owners group (www.asog.net) I've worked really closely with a few companies on getting products made.

First thing I can get done if you guys are interested in it are full replacement pillars with molded pods in them, not the type you screw onto your existing pillar. Color matched to the factory, matching grains and all. I have to get 30 people for each to get them made, or we can do one or the other.

Probably the best pic I have of it at the moment is http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...089_1_full.jpg , I'll try and get another when I go finish my avenger at the shop tomorrow.

Secondly, I can get many different options of gauges made. Vinyl overlays for stock gauges, available in 70+ different colors(http://www.bee.net/a2low240/gauges/avengeri41.jpg), xtal gauge faces (http://www.bee.net/a2low240/gauges/xtalblue.jpg) , or the good old indiglo gauges (no pics at the moment).

All these companies require a factory part to be sent in, which I'll take care of when I get my car, and some pre-paid orders. These guys are great to work with and some nice quality (well on the vinyl, as nice as an extremely well cut sticker can be). I'm not associated with these guys in any way, shape or form, have just had great experiences working with them.

To the mods of the forum, sorry if this is against the rules, or in the wrong forum, but these aren't for sale yet, I just need to gauge interest to let these guys know to start the projects or not when I get my car. I'm not a vendor, but have alot of contacts after building my avenger, and like to contribute as much as possible. (I'm no pushover when it comes to turbo cars either, browse my cardomain site, but I don't see the need to use companies like moroso and what not with what is already available )

If anybody is interested in these, please add your board name, real name and e-mail to the lists below regarding which one you're interested in. This is so that I can organize these later on when they go into production. I'd like it to be one post to not clutter up the board too much. Please either post questions here or pm me on the board. E-mailing me is a moot point as I get so much jarbage in my inbox it's not even funny lol

-------

2 gauge pillar pod (full replacement, need 30) ($40-$60)

3 gauge pillar pod (full replacement, need 30) ($40-$60)
1. Glacius (Jeff Hartsell, glacius@asog.net)

Vinyl gauge overlays (any color, no requirement, just gauging interest) ($25-45)

Xtal gauge sets (blue/red/orange/yellow) ($69.95 set)

------------------
Old Dec 7, 2003, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Hi glacius,

I've actually been looking for simple gauge faces for the US Evo 8 -- and haven't had any luck. I'm not particularly interested in the xtal faces but something in either vinyl or indiglo would be fine.

What I'd like to see is a "cleaned up" version, black background (I guess that's reverse indiglo) with either white or (stock) red lettering. I'm hoping to install a series of LEDs for a boost gauge and would like a nice clean arc in the tach to put them in. There is plenty of room inside the tach but there is some text stating x1000 RPM that I'd like to see go away.

Anything else that can be done to make the gauges easier to read is a definite plus. I hope this works out and welcome to the board.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 08:32 PM

Well, the way that the vinyl overlays work is that it's a graphic with the lettering cut slightly larger. When you install them, you get a white letter, with a black border (stands out more) and then whatever color you choose the background to be. If you want some things covered up he can do that no problem. I'll see if I can get some pics of his vinyl overlays in something other then the white
Old Dec 7, 2003, 08:36 PM

http://www.importintelligence.com/custom.htm

There's a few of the things he can do. If you can think it up he can do it, so after I get my evo and send in my cluster to him just let him know whatever you want and he'll make it up and ship it.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I've seen pics like those before. I guess I'll have to wait until the template is made but I'm definitely interested. I think there will be plenty of people interested if only for gagues that are easier to read.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

i'd be interested in an a-pillar gauge pod.

howie@digital-elite.net
Old Dec 8, 2003, 12:49 PM

2 gauge pillar pod (full replacement, need 30) ($40-$60)

3 gauge pillar pod (full replacement, need 30) ($40-$60)
2. AltezzaRoku (howie@digital-elite.net)

Vinyl gauge overlays (any color, no requirement, just gauging interest) ($25-45)

Xtal gauge sets (blue/red/orange/yellow) ($69.95 set)

Just makes it easier on me
Old Dec 8, 2003, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

I would just like to say congrats on your new ride (soon), Ive always liked the way the Avenger looked just wished she came with more hp. I like the look of the silver flake gauge overlay. But would be more interested in a reverse indiglo. Some very good pries BTW.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by Quickshift
I would just like to say congrats on your new ride (soon), Ive always liked the way the Avenger looked just wished she came with more hp. I like the look of the silver flake gauge overlay. But would be more interested in a reverse indiglo. Some very good pries BTW.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...89_20_full.jpg << you must mean that kind of HP
Old Dec 8, 2003, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like juyanith wants the gauge overlays (didn't see that name on your list anywhere) and I want them as well.

Thanks,

Keith
Old Dec 9, 2003, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

You can put me on the interested list for the 2 gauge pillar pod (full replacement, need 30) ($40-$60). My screen name is AustinEVO and I will pm you my email address. Thank you.

Last edited by AustinEVO; Dec 24, 2003 at 03:18 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I'm definitely interested -- just not too keen on publishing my RL name and email on a public list. It's not that I'm paranoid -- well, yes it is.

Anyway, once the patterns are made I'll be happy to do the talking with my wallet.

Old Dec 9, 2003, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Double post... now you know why I'm paranoid.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

I might be interested in the vinyl overlays, I guess I'd have to see them on the car. But what I really want is something like a reverse indiglo that matches the pics below in pattern/color as close as possible. Roughly something like the new vw's have on them.

If he can make those and have them look good both day and night, I'd definitely buy them.

Jason

Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

I am definately interested in reverse indiglo (black/dark blue numbers on white face).

I'm also paranoid. So put down my screen name and PM me when we've got 30.

Thanks for putting this together.

Quick Reply: 2 and 3 gauge full pillar replacement pods, and new gauge faces