Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I HATE thieves!!! What a way to start 2011!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few years ago I came to my parking space to find my car missing. My friend was taking a nap in the backseat (he works night turn) i thought he went for a joyride. Moments later he comes running down the street chasing a guy, yelling that he stole my car. I tackled him, we beat him. He was arrested...and so were we. I paid fines, court costs, and now have a record... The jerk that stole it didn't know how to drive a manual, burnt the clutch, and jumped out while going up a hill...the car rolled down the hill backward and found a pole on it's way down.
It sucks, but if you do anything to theives or thier property you will be liable for your actions. Self defense is only for when your life is in danger.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 05:09 PM

Man... I know this all too well. I had my first Evo stolen and "totalled" by thieves ( I am assuming it was the increased over-steer I had set-up on the car that they did not expect while speeding down an exit ramp ). On the second Evo, I had thieves remove my seats during a major snow storm.

I hope it all works out for you in the end. ( Don't let the insurance company "screw you around" as they tried to do with me. )

Last edited by mlstrdc; Jan 14, 2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 14, 2011, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I feel your pain brother... aug 12th 2009... i walk outside to find my drivers door was open.. my alpine fold out screen gone... my wallet missing... my ipod gone... my dash panels cracked... my hvac broken... and the dome light drained my battery

later i found out they maxed my credit card... and tried to buy 40 dollars worth of burgers on my debit.... luckily it was 2 days before payday and i was already broke... they got me... but i left them hungry... lol.
capital one refunded the charges... the insurance paid out 3500 in damages... now i have 7'' indash monitor and hvac relocation that i'm much happier with.... hope your ends as happily as mine....
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but keep a look out for ads posted on your local Kijiji website, craigslist website and tuner forums. One of these guys might just be dumb enough to post up some of your goods on one of these sites to make a quick buck. If it does happen notify your local police and arrange a meet up to purchase some of the items that were stolen.

Very sorry to hear and good luck finding these jerks!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:45 PM

Dude sorry to hear that, you cant have anything nice!! This is why I am a strong believer in the 2nd amendment !! This is why all state should have concealed carry. **** like this would happen a lot less. It could have been a lot worse, they could have jacked your car.