Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Never buying another Mitsubishi Car

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i love EVO's
but mitsu is a garbage company. it dates all the way back in the 1940's
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

just go to another dealership.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by BuBBasEVO
just go to another dealership.
It's a little late now.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've done business with a lot of different Mitsubishi dealers, and I have not found one yet that I feel I can trust. They all seem out to screw you and just want to take your money, which is unfortunate because I love my Evo and think very highly of their engineering department where ever that is. Even the dealership I bought my car from, I walked in there and did not need financing, auto loans or anything and they were still trying to sell me every stupid thing under the sun like I was some 18 year old buying my first car, and on top of it they were very sneaky and tricky in trying. For all my OEM stuff I only deal with Russell M, ill never set foot in another Mitsu dealer again.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:34 AM

The GAP coverage is worth it, but in your case I don't think you can do much since the dealership went out of business. Good luck though.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Calling Mitsu Corporate is not going to help you. Dealerships are all independently owned and operated businesses. Your only hope is that you can get in on the Bankruptcy, but even then your chances are slim to none.

Just because you got raped by that dealership should not make the entire company look bad to you though. Everytime I have needed help Mitsu (both dealer and corporate) have been great to work with, maybe I just got lucky. Knowing your in California you should try either South Coast or Anaheim Mitsu. Personally, I went to Anaheim, but the salesman and sales manager that I worked with are no longer in the same position and have moved up or to another dealership.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ryu8200
I called the California Department of Insurance and they said that Norco Mitsubishi's license to sell insurance (like the gap insurance I bought) expired on June 2008 (6 Months prior to selling me my car) so weren't even able to sell this.

So if you bought a car from Norco Mitsubishi from June 2008-June 2009 and think you bought gap insurance guess what....you didn't
There may be a level of recourse here but you would have to check with CDI. If you could fax them to show that someone from that dealership signed forms without authorization, they may go after them for misrepresentation or a facet of insurance fraud.
Not knowing how insurance works in CA, it's hard to know how they are likely to respond.
If that fails, call your AG with a clear, concise message. CA has a lot more to worry about than your gap ins issue but you never know with whom you might strike a chord.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:27 AM

Last time I checked, bankruptcy doesn't protect your personal assets if you commit a crime in the process. In this case, it sounds like the dealer committed a crime (fraud relating to selling you insurance when he had no license to do so) and filed for bankruptcy to cover his *** - even though its not directly related to your situation. It's possible you could go after the personal assets or the responsible party at the dealership directly.

Get a 'free' consultation at a lawyers office and find out.. Cant hurt.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:30 AM

i agree i would more or less say i would never buy a car from a idiot. lol
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:31 AM

Last edited by pcload1etter; Jun 9, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 09:40 AM

Sorry to hear that brother, good luck with all this
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

i understand being mad, but not wanting another mitsubishi doesnt make sense. it was that particular dealers fault and not anyone elses.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Pursue legal action and don't discourage other from buying a evo just because of your bad luck bro.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

I hate it when people tell me how to feel when Im the one who got screwed over. Id be pissed too and would certainly call Mitsu corp. If they gave a crap about your business, they will make it right. Bottom line is that they will benefit from making this guy happy and keep him buying Evos. Id say 95 % of dealers are crooks. I had a VW dealer tell me once that the price of the car went up if I didnt use the VW finance, and the interest rate would go up if I didnt get the warranty. I was already sold on the car but I walked out once they tried that.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:30 PM

Is sad that purchasing a vehicle can be a stressful situation. Dealership are independent own and the biggest crook on the place is the guy who runs the financing and insurance.
Always trying to sell you stuff that you don't need and totally overprice.

Quick Reply: Never buying another Mitsubishi Car