Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Some questions before I put my deposit down...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2002, 04:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Some questions before I put my deposit down...

Hey guys! I'm about to put down a deposit for the new lancer evo. I just have a few questions:
1. Hows the quality by Mitsubishi in general because I've only had experiences with Honda cars?
2. Do you think (I do) that the aftermarket support for this car will be great?
3. Anyone have any pics of Japanese "souped up" Evo VII's? I can only find stock pics.

Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2002, 04:56 AM

i'm interested on seeing some souped up EVO VII. I'll be putting down a deposit tomorrow.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 05:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Re: Some questions before I put my deposit down...

Originally posted by SzuChenEvo
Hey guys! I'm about to put down a deposit for the new lancer evo. I just have a few questions:
1. Hows the quality by Mitsubishi in general because I've only had experiences with Honda cars?
2. Do you think (I do) that the aftermarket support for this car will be great?
3. Anyone have any pics of Japanese "souped up" Evo VII's? I can only find stock pics.

Thanks!
1. Fine. I can't comment on Evos, but my Lancer and most Mitsubishis I'm aware of are relatively trouble-free cars. Ecluding 2g Eclipses with their crankwalk.

2. Without a doubt.

3. Look around the forums. There are quite a few.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 06:10 AM

Buyers' Group

Hey guys! If you haven't done it already, hold off on putting down a deposit!!!
There are some things to keep in mind before you go throwing money at the dealers, such as: Do you have a written agreement from them to give you the car at a specified price (such as MSRP or $x.xx over invoice, etc)? If not, they're just hanging onto your money for a while until they find out if they can make much more by giving it back to you. "Naw, they wouldn't do that...they SAID..." should be erased from your mind. They will do whatever will make them the most money, for the most part. Also, evilted (newbie) and I are going to start forming a buyers' group (in fact I'm going to post on that idea now so there will be a thread titled "Buyers' Group!!") and we will be able to negotiate much better that way and with a contractual obligation from the dealer. (Better price, etc) So join the bandwagon and we'll all get organized and negotiate a much better deal than we could do separately.