Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MITSU LineUp: if the evo is killed what would you buy next?

Old Mar 4, 2011, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love my EVO IX RS, it will stay in my garage forever! Still a nice DD I might be looking at a X.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

pfft, if the Evo goes away, I sure as heck won't buy any other Mitsu cars. My wife's galant is ok, but something nicer for her next car would be nice too.

My next car if Evo's go away? Right here:

Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^no disrespect but looks like it's trying to hard.

IMO, doesn't flow cleanly but everyone has their own rights and opinions. I'd say go for it, absolutely nothing wrong with going with a high end lexus!
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Well, once my IX is paid off, a new GTR will be landing in the garage next to it.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NJ_evoIXgsr
^no disrespect but looks like it's trying to hard.

IMO, doesn't flow cleanly but everyone has their own rights and opinions. I'd say go for it, absolutely nothing wrong with going with a high end lexus!

I wouldn't be getting it for the looks, I would be getting it for the 5.0 V8, 13.0sec 1/4 Mile time stock (advertised anyways) 8 speed trans, Torsen rear difff, and the luxury of a Lexus haha
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/93ftl0

On Thursday 3rd March 2011, @mitsucars said:

Production of the current Lancer Evolution continues as planned.
As for its successor, regulations and market feedback will dictate its engineering package & architecture.

MMC has kept the Lancer Evolution sedan evolving as the brand's highest performing model in the global market. However, as the market's needs and demands change, MMC is considering not advancing the Lancer Evolution concept in the same way as before, but to find a different direction for the Lancer Evolution model to evolve. The new direction, the technologies involved, and corresponding products will be disclosed in due course.
Not exactly debunked, but definitely not saying the evo is dead
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

I just think its funny for some to say it is unrealistic for a nice, somewhat high priced car for most people here in the future...although this may not hold true for everyone, i love cars and im 22, in 5...8...10 years, i still seeing myself loving cars, and with the amount of money ill be making after obtaining my masters and starting a family, i do not see why i would NOT pick up another fun, fast car lolol.

The way I look at it is if you've already spent what...25k on a car and thrown an average of atleast what...5k into in mods (and im just averaging here from what ive seen in terms of mods for a lot of people) and then you take into an account that the average age of evo owners on this board ALONE is 28 and under....how would you be able to afford a car like this now and not a decent one in the future? and i know for a fact theres many here that already support a family as well
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jackbenimbo
I just think its funny for some to say it is unrealistic for a nice, somewhat high priced car for most people here in the future...although this may not hold true for everyone, i love cars and im 22, in 5...8...10 years, i still seeing myself loving cars, and with the amount of money ill be making after obtaining my masters and starting a family, i do not see why i would NOT pick up another fun, fast car lolol.

The way I look at it is if you've already spent what...25k on a car and thrown an average of atleast what...5k into in mods (and im just averaging here from what ive seen in terms of mods for a lot of people) and then you take into an account that the average age of evo owners on this board ALONE is 28 and under....how would you be able to afford a car like this now and not a decent one in the future? and i know for a fact theres many here that already support a family as well
Ummm you see lots of owners that bought used and paid under $20k for their evos and down to the low teens for an 03. Big difference.

Now you start throwing in family and house plans, your money isn't what it used to be assuming you were single and living out home.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

thats true to an extent. yes you can find owners that paid under 20k but even searching on this forum you can see how much money people put into their cars...all these 400hp evo's arent a couple hundred bucks....

yea when you throw in a family and a house your right. but then again as you get older, in theory your pay should go up. so for most people that are working full time given that they have some kind of degree of course or plan to obtain one, and are still into cars, I dont see a reason why you wouldnt be able to afford a nice car later on. people do it all the time.

deuces
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by goodhart
pfft, if the Evo goes away, I sure as heck won't buy any other Mitsu cars. My wife's galant is ok, but something nicer for her next car would be nice too.

My next car if Evo's go away? Right here:

thats what i would end up getting.. the IS-F or the 4dr M3...
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

I believe there are plans for a GS-F as well.....
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jackbenimbo
thats true to an extent. yes you can find owners that paid under 20k but even searching on this forum you can see how much money people put into their cars...all these 400hp evo's arent a couple hundred bucks....

yea when you throw in a family and a house your right. but then again as you get older, in theory your pay should go up. so for most people that are working full time given that they have some kind of degree of course or plan to obtain one, and are still into cars, I dont see a reason why you wouldnt be able to afford a nice car later on. people do it all the time.

deuces
Well I make a bit of money and am single, but couldn't see how it would be affordable.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

In all honesty I HATE Mitsubishi, it is my least favorite japanese company. That is why I previously owned a suby. With that said, The evo is truly something special I absolutely LOVE my car!
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Evo's paid off and will never get rid of it. Once my Astra is paid off GF is getting a new JGC and I'm getting a used M3, CTSV, or NSX

The Evo is my winter car so...
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

For the guys that says GTR after the evo....have you looked at the prices of mods for the car? It's F'ing an arm and a leg. unless you plan to sell one of your kidneys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MITSU LineUp: if the evo is killed what would you buy next?