Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help me convert my VTA Greddy RS to Recir PICS

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First you need to get rid of the stock (plastic, broken) bov. Second, put the working bov where the stock one used to be and cover up the rest of the holes in ur intercooler pipe.

Better yet, ditch both and just get the stock metal bov and save yourself all the headaches.
Old May 1, 2011, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Ugh I think I just might. Would it fix my idling and rpm issue?
Old May 1, 2011, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you have a blow off valve on the intake flange where the recirc line from the blow off vavle should go...

blow off valve goes on UICP only and will routeback into intake
Old May 1, 2011, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Anything messed up with your intake system will cause all sorts of idling issues. If the aftermarket bov isn't setup right (adjusting the spring) it could be cause a vacuum leak. Stick with stock for now. Find a metal evo IX DV and you should be fine. I actually have 2 for sale.

You should just be running one hose to you Diverter valve (recirculating bov) and another hose from there to your intake. then plug the vacuum line in the DV and you're are golden.

Any addition holes or flanges need to be sealed off. Whether it be finding a shop that can weld the addition hole in the uicp, buying a new uicp pipe or going back to stock.

Last edited by Thore; May 1, 2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old May 1, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Would you happen to have a stock UICP piece with only one outlet to go with a IX bov I can buy?
Old May 1, 2011, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Not me personally but people usually have those things for sale all the time. Might cost the same to have someone weld the hole shut.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...oem-parts.html

new UICP $60 https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-out-list.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...arts-sale.html

Last edited by Thore; May 1, 2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if thats what your uicp and bov setup looks like im scared to see the rest of the car lol. stock uppers are in the marketplace for cheap as crap, and an aftermarket one doesnt increase performance by much if any. so id go that route, atleast for right now.
Old May 1, 2011, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warstang27
if thats what your uicp and bov setup looks like im scared to see the rest of the car lol. stock uppers are in the marketplace for cheap as crap, and an aftermarket one doesnt increase performance by much if any. so id go that route, atleast for right now.
lol, yeah the car is pretty jacked up, but I was expecting some of it when I got it for only 11k. Its an 05 MR with 55k.

Ok, so im buying a stock IX BOV tonight, along with a stock UICP piece. Im going to compare the stock DV compared to the GReddy hooked up to recirculate.

Ive heard good things about the single spring mod, just hoping that recirculating will fix its stupid problems
Old May 1, 2011, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

wow..your **** is ****ed up.

take a picture of the entire setup. uicp and intake area

you are also missing a clamp on the intake pipe to the turbo and missing a clamp on the dv valve. i would imagine you are having serious leaks in those areas. if you cant find someone to weld up one of the holes in the uicp then buy a new uicp. this car probably idles and runs like ****
Old May 1, 2011, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Old May 1, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

hmm...cheapest and quickest way i see you fixing this is finding a plug for the stock location DV flange. and then purchase the recirc fitting for the greddy and route it into the intake.

better but more expensive way is purchase a new UICP and a different BOV. theres a few good options out there so just do some research before you make a purchase.
Old May 1, 2011, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

do they make a block off plate where my greddy is? Im pretty sure im gonna go back to a stock DV
Old May 1, 2011, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

hey would anyone know what the size of the recirculating inlet on my AEM would be?

I want to purchase a recirculating adapter for my GReddy to play with, and want the hose size to match up.

Would this be recommended?
Old May 1, 2011, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man your best bet is to go the way you were looking at earlier with a stock uicp and a IX bov. then sell the greddy. the IX is good for 30+ psi. on a side note. 11k for a 05 MR with 55k is a steal!!!! good catch with that one
Old May 1, 2011, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warstang27
man your best bet is to go the way you were looking at earlier with a stock uicp and a IX bov. then sell the greddy. the IX is good for 30+ psi. on a side note. 11k for a 05 MR with 55k is a steal!!!! good catch with that one
+1

Going to be a huge headache to try and figure out this cluster f*** of a setup. Go the simple route and go back to stock, then work from there. Might be some $$ involved but your car will thank you in the end.