Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Boost issue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i know i should. well i drove her home today and still nothing past 15psi. whats the deal here? what else could it be?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
U never did answer if you were running a test pipe or a stock cat...
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:15 PM

oh my bad. i have a high flow cat. the car pulls alot harder but gauge still not reading anything past 15psi. is my gauge not working or my MBC is acting up? i cant figure it out!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you can, get a gauge from a fellow evo owner and a mbc as well. Test it on your car one by one and maybe you'll get lucky.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:05 AM

yeah im looking for fellow evo owners around here to help me out, but so far no luck yet.
btw... wat are the signs of leaking BOV?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

I know it sounds crazy but take off your cat and check to see if the honeycomb is in place and not blocking your exhaust flow. Do you or one of ya buds have a test pipe you can use? Ewwww you got an MBC who's is it? Also do you have evoscan... you may be able to plug in a do some pulls to see what your ECU is seeing your car doing vs. flip flopping your gauge. I mean if your car is down to 15PSI from 22 and you already said it's running like ****, I am pretty sure the lack of boost your feeling is REAL and it's not your gauge ***ing with ya.

Wait where in FL are you that you got NO EVO Support???
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tiggeryellow1
I know it sounds crazy but take off your cat and check to see if the honeycomb is in place and not blocking your exhaust flow. Do you or one of ya buds have a test pipe you can use? Ewwww you got an MBC who's is it? Also do you have evoscan... you may be able to plug in a do some pulls to see what your ECU is seeing your car doing vs. flip flopping your gauge. I mean if your car is down to 15PSI from 22 and you already said it's running like ****, I am pretty sure the lack of boost your feeling is REAL and it's not your gauge ***ing with ya.

Wait where in FL are you that you got NO EVO Support???
What's wrong with a MBC? Some of the fastest cars use a manual boost controller. Not sure why people always say MBC's are terrible.

Have you tried to up the boost using a 3-port grimmspeed? It's not nearly as easy as turning a knob to up the boost.

-Bink
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:02 PM

i have hallman MBC. well after i fixed the leak around my LICP, its pulling much harder now and idle pretty normal. im suspecting my Greddy RS is leaking on me. does anyone has their BOV leak and not boosting above 15 psi?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by binky
What's wrong with a MBC? Some of the fastest cars use a manual boost controller. Not sure why people always say MBC's are terrible.

Have you tried to up the boost using a 3-port grimmspeed? It's not nearly as easy as turning a knob to up the boost.

-Bink
I never said they're terrible... I'm just not big a fan bink . And there are just as many fast cars that are on 4bar MAP sensors and speed density that don't use them. When I used to track my car and do time attack yeah I used an MBC then until I realized it was easier just to have a track map, and a dd map. Once I did that then there was no boost creep because it's was raining or lack there of because it was too ****in hot on the tarmac etc. And when I crossed over beyond that and had different maps for all out 91 and all out E85 I gave Greddy's EBC a try, but being that I was no longer tracking the car and the maps were for all out boost... once again I didn't need it. And now that I'm on dual maps with the flip on my intercooler switch with Tephra Mod7 well u know...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vtrice69
i have hallman MBC. well after i fixed the leak around my LICP, its pulling much harder now and idle pretty normal. im suspecting my Greddy RS is leaking on me. does anyone has their BOV leak and not boosting above 15 psi?
I don't personally but it is known to happen boss.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

You still on the stock manifold? Check for leaks before the turbo. I had three of the smallest cracks in my manifold and it wouldn boost part 15 and it progressively got worse and worse. Also check for exhaust leaks around the head to manifold, manifold to turbo a blown gasket would cause this as well.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:00 PM

kay, i will check that when im off on Sunday. im so damn frustrated with this boost issue. thanks alot to everybody that gave me inputs on the issue. i update more info if anything changes