Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

help with a electric issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with a electric issue

hey all,
I was working on rewiring my hu and all of a sudden the power went off. (I had the car running because i wanted to eliminate the hissing noise that came from wiring)
Car still runs but I'm not geting any power to the hu. First I thought something went wrong with the hu but i noticed my clock went off too.
Could this be a blown fuse? Everything else works but the hu and wideband that uses the same power from the radio harness.
If its the fuse, where can i locate the fuse box for the clock and radio harness?

Or, can this be something else?
Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bbak11010
hey all,
I was working on rewiring my hu and all of a sudden the power went off. (I had the car running because i wanted to eliminate the hissing noise that came from wiring)
Car still runs but I'm not geting any power to the hu. First I thought something went wrong with the hu but i noticed my clock went off too.
Could this be a blown fuse? Everything else works but the hu and wideband that uses the same power from the radio harness.
If its the fuse, where can i locate the fuse box for the clock and radio harness?

Or, can this be something else?
Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
Checking electrical with a live power source, it very well could be a fuse. Check the fuse box by the drivers left knee and see what those fuses look like. I'd check the ones under the hood if those look fine.

I'd also recommend at LEAST not doing this while the car is running, and you should certainly disconnect your battery as well.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Clock and HU are on the same fuse to my knowledge.

And I've done plenty of vehicle wiring with power on and never blown a fuse from it, you just have to be careful enough to not ground things out.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by cmspaz
Clock and HU are on the same fuse to my knowledge.

And I've done plenty of vehicle wiring with power on and never blown a fuse from it, you just have to be careful enough to not ground things out.
Or take the 90 seconds required to pull the negative cable and not worry.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes check fuse!