Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sparco Clubman 4pt Harness

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2004, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sparco Clubman 4pt Harness

These seem reasonable. Anybody have any experience with this harness? I plan on only using it maybe once a month for road course track events and thats it. What do you guys think?

Old Jan 12, 2004, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

I just read that they are not DOT or SFI approved. I am assuming that it needs to be for safey reasons as well as legal reasons? Any other suggesting around $100?????? I just need driver side
Old Jan 12, 2004, 02:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by w2pac12345
I just read that they are not DOT or SFI approved. I am assuming that it needs to be for safey reasons as well as legal reasons? Any other suggesting around $100?????? I just need driver side
I believe the only DOT approved 2" 4-point harnesses are those made by Schroth. Those are about 2.5 times more expensive than similar products by Sparco, etc.

There are no SFI approved 2" 4-point harness systems as far as I know.

If you're interested, I have a Sparco Clubman 4 brand new in box (never mounted to a car). It's blue. I bought it for about $125 bucks but decided to go with a 3" 5-point system. You can have it for half that if you'd like. Let me know if you're interested.

Emre
Old Jan 12, 2004, 02:40 AM
Evolved Member

i am actually gunna go with the shroth i found for 145 shipped. its the 4 pint rally. thnx 4 the good input
Old Jan 12, 2004, 02:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by w2pac12345
i am actually gunna go with the shroth i found for 145 shipped. its the 4 pint rally. thnx 4 the good input
You might as well get the one with removable shoulder straps. Otherwise no one will be able to get in the back seat behind the driver. Or just get a cam-lock model like the one from Sparco/Sabelt.

Be careful with these systems. No anti-sub protection. Mounting is critical: to prevent spinal compression injuries, you need to mount the shoulder straps at shoulder level, not down by the bottom of the rear seat like they tell you to. Oh, and don't roll the car Be careful.

Emre