Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stalled auto Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stalled auto Evo?

So after seeing Boostin Performances thread on their 4g63 powered monza, I had to make a thread. I've seen some cool things under other bodies, Like the monza, MAP's rx7, BR 32' ford etc,. And Now the english racing auto in the evo. I got to thinking more about a RWD, Ford 9", Stalled PG or th400 evo. Has anyone else ever dreamed of such a beast? I couldn't imagine how fast/reliable/consistant an EVO would be with the tried and true ford 9" and pg. I know it can be done, as anything can be done with enough money. But how far fetched is it? Is it something that would just take entirely too much cash? Or is it something that you feel wouldn't be respected in the evo world as it's far astray from the AWD platform? Whats keeping it from happening?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:22 AM

im sure it'd be respected, and I'm also sure that just the rwd conversion alone is some mad money and countless R&D hours. Why not just buy a GTR and Alpha 12 it for the same price?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

If you are looking for a RWD auto drag car, there are better platforms for the money thats for sure. Most likely the reason MAP's RWD auto drag 4g63 is in an FD and not a ct9a