Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo VIII/XI Anyone tried installing a rear dome light?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo VIII/XI Anyone tried installing a rear dome light?

I have an idea....

The light output for the front dome light in minimal, especially if I am looking for something in the back seat.

Has anyone ever took a stock dome light et up, and installed it over the rear seats? I think it would be nice to have, but I'm not very good at wiring.

What's the possibility of this?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

It's very possible... but might be kind of a PITA. You'd probably have to pull the headliner to run the wires and cut out the hole for the light.

I know what you mean about the lack of lighting though, especially if you have a sunroof and only have the small light up front. I've been toying around with the idea of putting a couple of flexible LED strips under the front seats or something to get more light back there.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arxylis
It's very possible... but might be kind of a PITA. You'd probably have to pull the headliner to run the wires and cut out the hole for the light.

I know what you mean about the lack of lighting though, especially if you have a sunroof and only have the small light up front. I've been toying around with the idea of putting a couple of flexible LED strips under the front seats or something to get more light back there.
Yeah, I have the sun roof :-(

Flexible lighting might not be a bad idea. Especially if it can be hooked up to turn on when you open the doors or use the switch on the dome.