Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

CIMotorsports.net...Be Warned

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CIMotorsports.net...Be Warned

Going through a nightmare with this website:http://www.cimotorsports.net

After doing a google search on their name, I found out that i'm not the only one.
I was making a few changes to my car and replacing a bad turbo and decided to do a few minor upgrades to my completely stock evo 8. After a few successful transaction on here from other members (BOV, replacement turbo etc.)

I went on to buy from a few different websites on 02/12 (UICP, K&N cone filter) and I came across cimotorsports.net and saw that they had a nice cheap 15.00 MBC and the 135.00 dejontool intake that I was going to order directly from Dejon. I figured instead of paying two different websites and having two different shipments it would be more efficient to go through cimotorsports. I couldn't have been more wrong.

my order was stuck in a "Processing" status for 3 days and cimotorsports apparently doesn't answer the phone or respond to emails as far as requesting updates for the order. so i opened up a paypal dispute to hopefully get this resolved on 02/16. During the dispute process Shawn from cim said that dejon would have to drop ship to me but will take 3-4 days because they are custom built...but he would send the MBC now. That sounded reasonable enough but this may have been a BIG mistake. Shawn updated the dispute with the USPS tracking number for the 15.00 boost controller on 02/23 and said that he would update with the UPS tracking number "soon". 03/01 came and I still had no intake and no tracking number. I asked for the tracking number again in my dispute...03/03 came and I still had no response from "shawn" or cimotorsports so i escalated the dispute to a claim since I never received the intake. Paypal automatically closed the claim because the seller had submitted a tracking number (for the MBC)...and apparently I will now have to go to my bank to see abouyt having this charged back or something.

I guess i should've done my research on this site before doing business with them
Old Mar 4, 2012, 06:24 AM

wow, sorry to hear that....ive bought from them before and never had any problems
Old Mar 4, 2012, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I would only order from Buschur, MAP, AMS, ETS, or STM. I have never had a single problem with shipping or getting into contact with these guys. Also these guys are vendors on this site.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by boostaddikt
wow, sorry to hear that....ive bought from them before and never had any problems
Yeah I found a few people who say that they have never had an issue with them, but just as many having stories very similar to mine including a few on this forum!
i wish i was one of the luckier ones...
Old Mar 4, 2012, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by evo8426
I would only order from Buschur, MAP, AMS, ETS, or STM. I have never had a single problem with shipping or getting into contact with these guys. Also these guys are vendors on this site.
Duly noted. funny thing is i feel like such a tool for not just ordering directly from dejon like i did when I built up my old GS-T.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 06:42 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Agreed. Why take chances to try and save a couple of bucks?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This as well as other vendors on here, I usually check reviews before buying something. If they are a vendor here it makes it even better!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Sorry to hear about that and I hope it can be resolved!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I almost bought stuff from them but could never get a hold of them. I tried calling and emailing them multiple times but no response. That right there turned me away from them. Glad I did
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The only vendor that has absolutely never let me down is extremepsi. With their price match and the fact that you actually get your parts in 3 business days, I'm not sure why anyone would order elsewhere. My 2 cents.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by IronPalm
Going through a nightmare with this website:http://www.cimotorsports.net

After doing a google search on their name, I found out that i'm not the only one.
I was making a few changes to my car and replacing a bad turbo and decided to do a few minor upgrades to my completely stock evo 8. After a few successful transaction on here from other members (BOV, replacement turbo etc.)

I went on to buy from a few different websites on 02/12 (UICP, K&N cone filter) and I came across cimotorsports.net and saw that they had a nice cheap 15.00 MBC and the 135.00 dejontool intake that I was going to order directly from Dejon. I figured instead of paying two different websites and having two different shipments it would be more efficient to go through cimotorsports. I couldn't have been more wrong.

my order was stuck in a "Processing" status for 3 days and cimotorsports apparently doesn't answer the phone or respond to emails as far as requesting updates for the order. so i opened up a paypal dispute to hopefully get this resolved on 02/16. During the dispute process Shawn from cim said that dejon would have to drop ship to me but will take 3-4 days because they are custom built...but he would send the MBC now. That sounded reasonable enough but this may have been a BIG mistake. Shawn updated the dispute with the USPS tracking number for the 15.00 boost controller on 02/23 and said that he would update with the UPS tracking number "soon". 03/01 came and I still had no intake and no tracking number. I asked for the tracking number again in my dispute...03/03 came and I still had no response from "shawn" or cimotorsports so i escalated the dispute to a claim since I never received the intake. Paypal automatically closed the claim because the seller had submitted a tracking number (for the MBC)...and apparently I will now have to go to my bank to see abouyt having this charged back or something.

I guess i should've done my research on this site before doing business with them
Always use a credit card through paypal. You probably won't have much luck with the bank. Good luck though
Old Mar 5, 2012, 06:25 PM

Just want to be clear to everyone here. Omar had received his boost controller. Dejon did not ship because they were closed for some time and just got back in today from what Im gathering. Intake should already be enroute now. Omar if you have further concerns let me know

-Shawn-

Oh and for those of you who cant get thru on the phones, email or live help, facebook or AIM many other ways to contact us. Why we list phone support is limited because its impossible to take everyones calls sometimes.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cimotorsports
Just want to be clear to everyone here. Omar had received his boost controller. Dejon did not ship because they were closed for some time and just got back in today from what Im gathering. Intake should already be enroute now. Omar if you have further concerns let me know

-Shawn-

Oh and for those of you who cant get thru on the phones, email or live help, facebook or AIM many other ways to contact us. Why we list phone support is limited because its impossible to take everyones calls sometimes.
Why make it so difficult? Not very convenient for a potential customer. I tried calling 3 days in a row throughout the day with no answer. To this day I still have not gotten a response from the email I sent about a month ago. Maybe you guys just dont need more customers. Well I already got what I needed elsewhere. Thanks anyway
Old Mar 5, 2012, 08:27 PM

Sorry you couldnt get thru, not trying to push customers away. Tax time is busy time to say the least. Not sure why your email went unanswered either , may have been spammed out hard to say. Like to answer emails as they come in or before end of the day at least. Any response is better then none at all I feel. Keep in mind that our Live help runs right on our website so if your online shopping you can just as easily click on it to ask a question, check on an order, stock etc. Our phone support does lack I agree, and I think we need to take a real good look at improving that asap
Old Mar 7, 2012, 01:43 PM

Dejon intake is enroute to you from Dejon Figured id post this up because I had not heard back from you at all since you posted this thread.

Fedex #872812615009335

Quick Reply: CIMotorsports.net...Be Warned