Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Someone tried stealing my wheels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SgtSeanzie
im going to test fit them on my roomates SI. lol.
gotta see this.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:34 AM

Go get some locking lug nuts so much easier then an alarm
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:47 AM

That sucks there trying to steal Evo stuff now
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Some of you are assuming it's the Honda type crowd trying to steal things like wheels...the reality is that people in general are trying to steal ANYTHING in order to make a few bucks. Scrap yards and used auto parts stores still pay out money for car parts, heck...people steal copper wire from power lines.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo enkies fit just fine on at least the like 2006+ civics. Sold a set I had to a guy with a Civic SI. Only thing was the tires needed to be smaller (245/45/17 was too big).

That really sucks though, I'd be pissed if I came out and saw that. Also curious how do you fix that?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SRT4toEVO
Those would look good on dat der civic.
THIS....^. Perfect aggressive wheel for a local civic. Solutions : Mercury Sensor, Wheel lock and Paranoia. What will you use to fix the lump?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sil'vr-Boi6
THIS....^. Perfect aggressive wheel for a local civic. Solutions : Mercury Sensor, Wheel lock and Paranoia. What will you use to fix the lump?
gunna try to mash it out with a rubber mallet, i suppose.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SgtSeanzie
gunna try to mash it out with a rubber mallet, i suppose.
When you dont know how to fix something.... Hit it with a hammer... Lol

J/k man that really blows, gotta get her into a garage, unfortunately thats the only way to rest easy.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

your post

Im very sorry to hear this happend. Its a sign of the tiimes unfortuneately. The thing is what people are failing to realize is the Evo rims are a quick turn a round item. You can steal the rims and tires, put them up on a forum site like this one or whatever, and you dont know your buying a "Hot" item.

What I am more concerned with is the damage to your car. The floor board to be done right will need to be replaced, which means plasma cutting your cut up and re weilding in a new piece. This will actually weaken the structural integrity of the car itself since its not one peice anylonger. I doubt the insurance company will pay to have the whole floor and rail system replaced. It will be cut in. Sucks man BIG time.

Wheel locks work well, but the problem there is too the OEM wheel locks or Mcguard locks that are OEM brand only have 4-5 master keys for ALL the locks. Its very easy to pick up Master Lock Sets online. So OEM wheel locks are a joke. The idea of having 2 different types of wheel locks is very smart. Just make sure they are 2 different brands. If anything it will buy time. Car alarms are also a joke. Most can be by passed in less than 30 seconds Regardless of brand. I work in a State Prison and I ask the guys all the time about stealing cars. EASY!! so an alarm is only good for inexperienced theives. Decent ones can by pass the alarm so fast. So don't make it easy for them. Don't leave anything valuable iin your car like Cell Phones that they steal info off of, registration which they sell, your wallet, etc. Don't leave stuff in the trunk either.

Well, good luck to you, and I know a garage would be best, but my brand new X sits oustide and it worries me. I am in a decent neighborhood but cars get broken into all the time in the area. So it concerns me.

Good luck getting the car fixed, and Im glad they didn't take the car, or damage anything else...

Jeff
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:15 PM

That is one bright side about living out in the country...plenty of weapons in the house we live on the highway though so some cars stop in looking for trouble every now and again. (Stealing from our gas tanks, trying to steal our vehicles, etc...). Thankfully, we just had a new heated 4stall garage put up last summer so my Evo will have a nice home when I pick one up.