Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

LC1 Wideband Issue...Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LC1 Wideband Issue...Please Help!!!

My wideband is doing the same thing that this guy had in this video. I have done a open air calibration.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you calibrate as a new sensor? Are you sure its the appropriate sensor? And is you controller grounded properly
Old Jun 2, 2012, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I can tell everything is by the book. Sensor comes up 20.9 after cal. I have it grounded to the screw under the steering wheel. I've heard the box picks up interference from the car. So some guys were adding a Cap to the power source of the of the LC1. Anyone got any info on this?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
call innovate, they would be a better answer than us, I hope you have a warranty on it.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
On mine i ran a 8 gauge cable from the battery into the cabin to ground my electronics. Zero interference. And dont just recalibrate the sensor. Pretend its a new sensor and set it up as such.

You are pulling it out of the exhaust and cleaning it prior to calibration right? Also have you logged the sensor? Your gauge might be failing due to a short.

The gauge is basically a voltmeter. If it responds erratically either excess voltage is being picked up via an unstable ground. Or the sensor is sending back the wrong signal. A new sensor is 60 bucks at autozone