Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

When can we order the EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2002, 01:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When can we order the EVO?

Talking to my dealer here in Michigan, he is finally taking deposits for the car. He has told me to send some of my info, like driver's license, address and so forth. when he gets it, he will send me a contract / order form. He has told me to include color and so forth.

My question, Do you guys know when the dealers will be sending in the orders?

also, how the hell I am supposed to know if I want the car before knowing the price and what goods come with it.

anybody getting the same from their dealer?

thanks,
Old Aug 12, 2002, 05:37 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mitsubishi has given the green light for dealerships to take orders since the evo was confirmed to arrive to the U.S. with a MSRP just under 30k. What your dealership has decided is up to them. Some would rather wait to see the market value "markup". And others would let you order one for MSRP. My advice is that if your interested to order one, go there sign a contract to guarantee msrp or under and put a deposite to reserve your car. Also make sure you have the manager sign it and all the paperwork is correct.

I dont' know if mitsubshi will let you order online like subaru's wrx. Guaranteed, with priceing and options to prevent markups. In my opinion is that, mitsubishi wants markups to help their dealerships. In another words have you seen a "nice" mitsubishi dealership now a day? Most look pretty trashie and low class. And the people there has not proven any different. May I ask which dealership your talking about? I'm from michigan also.

As of when they send orders will probably be the same time we've been informed about pricing/options. Dealers love to tack on all the options on ordered cars to make more profit. IN my case i'd probably want it fully loaded with out sunroof anyways.

Last edited by gtr; Aug 12, 2002 at 05:41 AM.