Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cusco Oil Catch Can query

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 02:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cusco Oil Catch Can query

Hi All,

I understand that this tank is intended for RHD Evos, but i hope someone here holds some answers.

I had recently purchased a Cusco oil catch can for the CT9A.

I have a feeling that i am missing a part that is preventing me for completing the installation.

I have not taken any pics at this time, but what was supplied (other than the catch can/tank):
  • 2 10mm short bolts
  • 3 zip ties
  • 3 hose clamps
  • 1 nylon braided hose (cheap looking, not the nice steel wired one pictured in some of thier product pictures)
  • 1 9mm alloy blank off plug for the positive pressure/suction side
  • 1 large blue mounting bracket

As per usual, the instructions are very vague and written in Japanese and did not come with a product part list.

i suspect that there is a piece missing that should hold the catch tank with the main bracket. This piece should sit in the rear /groove of the tank.

Other than that, the only thin that i can see that would hold the can in place is the cable ties. (i doubt cusco is that rough and crude?

Please provide your thoughts and experiences with this tank.

thanks & regards,
Old Oct 29, 2015, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wowzers
Hi All,

I understand that this tank is intended for RHD Evos, but i hope someone here holds some answers.

I had recently purchased a Cusco oil catch can for the CT9A.

I have a feeling that i am missing a part that is preventing me for completing the installation.

I have not taken any pics at this time, but what was supplied (other than the catch can/tank):
  • 2 10mm short bolts
  • 3 zip ties
  • 3 hose clamps
  • 1 nylon braided hose (cheap looking, not the nice steel wired one pictured in some of thier product pictures)
  • 1 9mm alloy blank off plug for the positive pressure/suction side
  • 1 large blue mounting bracket

As per usual, the instructions are very vague and written in Japanese and did not come with a product part list.

i suspect that there is a piece missing that should hold the catch tank with the main bracket. This piece should sit in the rear /groove of the tank.

Other than that, the only thin that i can see that would hold the can in place is the cable ties. (i doubt cusco is that rough and crude?

Please provide your thoughts and experiences with this tank.

thanks & regards,
I ordered and got the same items as well . My cusco part number is 564 009 A