Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone near NY?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone near NY?

Hey, I'm a very new member currently trying to search for a evo 8-9 05 up and I live in Arizona, although majority of the evos ive seen are east coast, i found one a dealership had was curious if anyone near by could take a look at it

I was going to carfax it but im not at work atm, (work at a dealership myself)
http://www.allcityautosale.com/2006-...aLYqsUhNIlU%3d

IM hesitant buying from dealerships working at one myself but I have seen that one in a million lol..
Old Aug 15, 2015, 08:55 AM

I know its a odd request, but i saw someone on another forum offer to help out like this, so i figured its worth a try so i dont have to blindly go there.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Lombardi23
I know its a odd request, but i saw someone on another forum offer to help out like this, so i figured its worth a try so i dont have to blindly go there.
Yea I bet they weren't from NYC tho lol. Good luck getting someone who lives near Queens to go check it out for you. Honestly man I would keep looking elsewhere. I hate to generalize or stereotype, but I would never buy a car from the tri-state area...esp not an evo. That dealer has a handful of evos and they all look hacked. One IX has the old Evo8 cloth seats, another has evo8 tail lights. No underhood shots so u can't see how jacked up the super cool modz are that the previous owner did, or how botched their hasty back-to-stock scramble was. I don't trust any of those cars. I'm totally discriminating against that dealer and those cars, but my experience and instinct says pursue an evo elsewhere.

If I were to buy an evo right now, I'd buy from a forum member. You might pay more because we know our cars are worth more to the discerning enthusiast. But you can meet and question the previous owner, and in a lot of cases, the work they did to their car will be documented on the forum.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 09:10 AM

yeah I would be hesitant from that place. I've seen some sketchy evos come from there and to go that far for one with 60k miles isn't worth it in my opinion but to each is own. I would look primarily in southern states just because less worry of rust and effects of salt. I live in ohio and I was lucky enough to find one in PA that the guy took great care of and only drove it 1k miles a year in the summer. the right one will pop up but if you car fax it let us know how it is.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 01:01 PM

Yeah you guys are absolutely right I got to work I checked the car fax, and it said unable to check vehicle history we've never seen that so gonna wait for a good one on the forum.

Just nee wait until September or October I'll be able to afford a good 9
Old Aug 17, 2015, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by B Roharik
yeah I would be hesitant from that place. I've seen some sketchy evos come from there and to go that far for one with 60k miles isn't worth it in my opinion but to each is own. I would look primarily in southern states just because less worry of rust and effects of salt. I live in ohio and I was lucky enough to find one in PA that the guy took great care of and only drove it 1k miles a year in the summer. the right one will pop up but if you car fax it let us know how it is.
How much would it be for a clean evo below 70k 06? Any idea what it would run me
Old Aug 18, 2015, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lombardi23
How much would it be for a clean evo below 70k 06? Any idea what it would run me
with 60-70k miles and in good condition id say around 18-22k. 22k if only the car is in great condition. anything under 60k miles usually is 20k and above. you may get lucky with someone and they need a quick sale so it'll be priced a little cheaper but if the price is really to good to be true it usually is. with these cars it's never good to rush into. do your research and take your time. I had to look at 4 evos within a year and a half before I found the perfect one for me.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I actually bought my evo from this dealer. The car has been good to me and I haven't had any issues- they seem to always have a couple of clean evos in stock along with some gtrs...
Old Aug 20, 2015, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by 6spdlegend
I actually bought my evo from this dealer. The car has been good to me and I haven't had any issues- they seem to always have a couple of clean evos in stock along with some gtrs...

That's pretty impressive ik it's rough for a dealer to sell decent vehicles congrats on that. I was just tempted because I want a evo so bad after my buddy's uncle brought his in. By end of September or October I'll have enough to get a nice one.