Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help - car acting up - rpm drop to zero

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help - car acting up - rpm drop to zero

I own a 2010 Lancer with approximately 130,000KM. I am running into this issue with my car (see video) which i need some help diagnosing.

Please note i've had my aftermarket rims on my car since last november and the service required screen was always there as my rims did not have the TPMS. Never ever did the Speedometer & RPM drop to zero then recover. Notice all the lights on the dash blinks except for the tire pressure light. THe AC and fan motor also turn off and recover right away.

please note the following sequence of events 1 month prior to having this issue.

Aug 29th: Summer Rims removed (NO TPMS) and installed Winter Tires (TPMS Enabled), New Front Brakes, Body Work Passenger Side Rear Quarter Panel and Bumper repainted.

Sept 9th: Decided to revert back to my summer tires. So Winter Rims removed (TPMS Enabled) and installed Summer Tires (No TPMS). Also Removed the glovebox to diagnose why the bluetooth on my car was not working. I located the bluetooth module unplugged it and replugged it (did not fix my bluetooth).

Sept 19th: While Driving, the service required screen beeps, then needles both drop to zero and recover right away. This happens a few time till i turned of the car, and reset the service reminder. Problem went away.

Sept 28th: While driving on the highway problem happens again. drove with the problem home. noticed it happens more frequently on low speeds.

Sept 30th: Problem occured again. Called up dealer and was advised to get all my recalls fixed.

Oct 3rd: Problem occured again. Think time the service require dash also showed the Airbag icon after blinking (this was captured in my video)

Oct 5th: i completed all recalls on the car. replaced the ETACS ECU and blower moter and engine drive belt.

Oct 6th: Problem occured again.

I am very confused, i am going to work on my car this weekend, and try to put my winter tires (TMPS Activated) back on and double chk to see i didnt damage the harness that connects to the bluetooth... any recommendations?

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!
Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Sounds like a can communication fault. Did dealer scan car yet