Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

buschur exhaust/muffler

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
buschur exhaust/muffler

Hey guys, well i need a new muffler. Recently found out my current one was thrown together by the prevous owner and looks like something he found laying on the side of the road. Looks like its restricting my setup as well. Turbo back is all 3" to the back of the car. It seems to be an ams downpipe and exhaust. I saw this because ams seems to be the only company that makes the 3 bolt flanges. Now, i have a jdm rear bumper and really like the way the buschur sd muffler looks but im afraid it will be obnoxiously loud. I see that buschur also sells the magnaflow muffler but i dont like the huge can look. This setup is supposed to be not as loud. It seems to me that from the old pictures to now the can on the magnaflow setup has gotten narrower where it may look nice down there. I was wondering how much wider the magnaflow is than the sd muffler? Maybe someone who owns or has owned one or the other will chime in and enlighten me. I also like the stm setup but they wont sell just the muffler, only full setup.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Obnoxious is subjective but I like the way mine sounds. I would have to take a look at the receipt since the previous owner had it installed but Im pretty sure mine is the sd, definitely not the magniflow. I also have a JDM rear and love the way it sticks out, looks agressive. Ill take a pic later if I can. It definitely makes a great deep sound. Only problem is that everyone at work know when Ive arrived lol and I have accidently tripped some car alarms by just driving by normally.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
well, i order the buschur sd and to quiet it down i also got a small magnaflow that goes where the test pipe is...supposedly this is what they run on their car...