Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Problem with wastegate solenoid. Help!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Problem with wastegate solenoid. Help!

I have an evo 8 2003 and I've always used a grimmspeed ebcs. So I go and install some ID1700 delete the resistor box go to the Dyno and the car now won't go above wastegate spring pressure. So I thought it was the ebcs so I call Andy and best customer service I've ever received. Got me a new sent to my house right away. Big shoutout to the guys at Grimmspeed. Got the new one and nothing turn the ignition on and nothing no click nada. I've check the continuity to the ecu and it's good that's for the green cable though. Both ebcs work since I've put 12v to them and the solenoid clicks. So wtf should I been looking at?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 03:17 AM
Evolving Member

No one really?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Log WGDC and see what it looks like.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by lopillo_evo
I have an evo 8 2003 and I've always used a grimmspeed ebcs. So I go and install some ID1700 delete the resistor box go to the Dyno and the car now won't go above wastegate spring pressure. So I thought it was the ebcs so I call Andy and best customer service I've ever received. Got me a new sent to my house right away. Big shoutout to the guys at Grimmspeed. Got the new one and nothing turn the ignition on and nothing no click nada. I've check the continuity to the ecu and it's good that's for the green cable though. Both ebcs work since I've put 12v to them and the solenoid clicks. So wtf should I been looking at?
your boost reference line is most likely popped off the solenoid