Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

WeatherTech laser-measured Floor Liners -> submit request here!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WeatherTech laser-measured Floor Liners -> submit request here!

I wanted to start a new thread for anyone that is interested in WeatherTech laser-measured floor liners for Evo VIII / IX. These are hands-down the best all-season floor mat (fit like a glove), but unfortunately WeatherTech does not offer them for the CT9A Evo.

A few of us have emailed WeatherTech, asking them to offer this product for our cars. They said if there is enough interest, they may consider it.

If anybody is interested, I'd encourage you to submit a product request to them using the following link:

http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-updates/
Old Aug 1, 2017, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A little disappointed in Weathertech here. When I purchased a set of mats for my Evo last year, they were advertised as custom mats for our platform, yet trimming was definitely needed on both the passenger and driver sides and the rears didn't come close to covering the right area.

If they want to fix their mistake and send me a set of properly fitting front and rear mats to replace the set I've already purchased from them, I'd change my tune about this company and their products. Otherwise, we might as well get a set of much less expensive (and just as ready for custom trimming and fitting) mats from another supplier. The weathertech material is decent but nothing super-special about it compared to other all-weather mats I've seen. The major upside was supposed to be the fit.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 144mph
A little disappointed in Weathertech here. When I purchased a set of mats for my Evo last year, they were advertised as custom mats for our platform, yet trimming was definitely needed on both the passenger and driver sides and the rears didn't come close to covering the right area.

If they want to fix their mistake and send me a set of properly fitting front and rear mats to replace the set I've already purchased from them, I'd change my tune about this company and their products. Otherwise, we might as well get a set of much less expensive (and just as ready for custom trimming and fitting) mats from another supplier. The weathertech material is decent but nothing super-special about it compared to other all-weather mats I've seen. The major upside was supposed to be the fit.
If you are talking about buying mats for your 8/9, it's true they aren't a perfect fit, as they have never offered that for these cars. What this guy is talking about is submitting a request for a truly proper laser-measured fit like they make for the X.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I been talking with a local shop and they will be setting up a scanner to scan our cars to create a liner like weathertech. Only thing there is a scanning fee involved.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Don't know how much it will help, but I submitted a form.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by ZeRoMaX
I been talking with a local shop and they will be setting up a scanner to scan our cars to create a liner like weathertech. Only thing there is a scanning fee involved.
if anything comes of this please let me know, i'm interested
Old Aug 9, 2017, 07:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just submitted a request as well.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Submitted a request....again lol
Old Aug 10, 2017, 01:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
i did as well
Old Aug 10, 2017, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I submitted a request a few days ago as well.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:14 PM

Any update on the floor mats?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 07:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
weather tech mats

I just submitted a request as well.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 05:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm interested. ..just submitted a request. ...I have them in both of my other cars....
Old Aug 16, 2017, 01:21 PM

Just submitted a request. You would think that they would have made perfect fitting mats for our cars by now. It's not like the community is that small..
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitEvoIX
I wanted to start a new thread for anyone that is interested in WeatherTech laser-measured floor liners for Evo VIII / IX. These are hands-down the best all-season floor mat (fit like a glove), but unfortunately WeatherTech does not offer them for the CT9A Evo.

A few of us have emailed WeatherTech, asking them to offer this product for our cars. They said if there is enough interest, they may consider it.

If anybody is interested, I'd encourage you to submit a product request to them using the following link:

http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-updates/

just submitted one

Quick Reply: WeatherTech laser-measured Floor Liners -> submit request here!