Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What intercooler is this?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What intercooler is this?

Hey everyone..

i bought this 3.5 inch intercooler off of someone on these forums, and he said it was a Buschur racing intercooler. Literally nothing fits and this is such a pain in the *** to install and havent even finished it because nothing really fit. Was he lying or just BRs design is off.. Please help and thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Looks like a Buschur Street core you'll need their LICP that comes with the kit or have one fabbed somewhere that IC set up wont work with a factory location LICP on the passenger side as the inlet to the IC comes out the back of the end tank as you can see.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Looks like a Buschur Street core you'll need their LICP that comes with the kit or have one fabbed somewhere that IC set up wont work with a factory location LICP on the passenger side as the inlet to the IC comes out the back of the end tank as you can see.
Ik, it has one.. It came with a j-pipe and a hose that connects to the back of the intercooler.. But nothing fits...
Old Sep 16, 2017, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

What UICP is that? What was that UICP connected to previously? Stock? Another brand IC?

Also from what I can tell in the pic the IC is mounted a bit crooked looks high on the divers side... could just be the picture angle though...

I'd loosen up the entire charge pipe system so everything is loose and adjust all couplers and brackets accordingly you honestly aren't really that far off looks like some adjustments to piping, couplers, brackets, and clamps should have you good to go though I'm not sitting in front of it so it's a lil tough.

Are there spacers for the IC side mounting points on the Buschur kit? A few ETS kits I've installed had spacers at those points.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

What UICP is that? What was that UICP connected to previously? Stock? Another brand IC?

Also from what I can tell in the pic the IC is mounted a bit crooked looks high on the divers side... could just be the picture angle though...

I'd loosen up the entire charge pipe system so everything is loose and adjust all couplers and brackets accordingly you honestly aren't really that far off looks like some adjustments to piping, couplers, brackets, and clamps should have you good to go though I'm not sitting in front of it so it's a lil tough.

Are there spacers for the IC side mounting points on the Buschur kit? A few ETS kits I've installed had spacers at those points.
No, I didn't get any spacers... And it's the stock uicp. And the intercooler is crooked, it's hang down towards the pas. Side because I had to pull the IC down so it would connect with the back piping.
The IC hanger did not fit when mounting it.. It was at this wierd angle, so I had to hammer it and it's at like a curve shape now.. Is it suppose to be like straight down?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Found this picture of the top bracket/mount with their Deluxe/street IC mounted
Old Sep 16, 2017, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Couple more

Old Sep 16, 2017, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Found this picture of the top bracket/mount with their Deluxe/street IC mounted
Lol, mine does not look like that.. When I got it, it looked different, then my friend I think hammered it too much (he got frustrated).. Ill try and get a pic, not sure if hammering it will fix it.. Also, the new j-pipe has no tube for the (vacuum?) hose that the stock j pipe did.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

So I'm guessing this has to come down more
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

In the picture 1rst Pic I posted, the one you quoted, there are two intercoolers. The top one is mounted to the car is the street version that you have.

The one on the floor is a Race core.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:52 AM
Evolving Member

In the picture 1rst Pic I posted, the one you quoted, there are two intercoolers. The top one is mounted to the car is the street version that you have.

The one on the floor is a Race core.
​​​​​​k, gotcha. Also, I the pic u posted of the rear of the intercooler, my LICP didn't look like that. I had a new j pipe and a silicon tube. And the j pipe doesn't have a tube for the (vacuum?) hose. What should I do with that?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

I posted in your other thread as well, I drilled the BR JPipe I had way back when I was still running a stock frame Turbo set up. That line needs to be ran to a boost source. I never liked T'ing anything so I drilled the Jpipe and added a barbed fitting. Make sure you have an air tight seal with the fitting if you go this route, don't want to introduce a boost leak
Old Sep 17, 2017, 04:22 AM
Evolving Member

I posted in your other thread as well, I drilled the BR JPipe I had way back when I was still running a stock frame Turbo set up. That line needs to be ran to a boost source. I never liked T'ing anything so I drilled the Jpipe and added a barbed fitting. Make sure you have an air tight seal with the fitting if you go this route, don't want to introduce a boost leak
What diameter drill did u use and where did u get the barbed fitting?

Also, can u just drill the hole and screw the fitting in or do you need to do more then that? Sorry, I'm a noob at this
Old Sep 17, 2017, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63_Crazy
What diameter drill did u use and where did u get the barbed fitting?

Also, can u just drill the hole and screw the fitting in or do you need to do more then that? Sorry, I'm a noob at this
Where would you t it off if you were to do so?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Update: I got the intercooler installed and there were no leaks. The vacuum line is still unconnected, so when I drove it, there was no boost.. The j-pipe was such a b***h to get in there, I'm not taking it out.. So, where can I tee- the line? I bringing it to Iveytune on Tuesday, should I just have them do it?

Quick Reply: What intercooler is this?