Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo recaro seat trim missing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Evo recaro seat trim missing

Hey everyone, So I got my car like this and its been sticking out like a thore thumb ever since and makes the interior look a little crappy. I'm not sure whether or not I would need a new trim piece (which I can't find) or a new seat, which I really don't want to spend the money for.

Also, the front trim piece keeps falling out everytime a break or turn hardly and after awhile it gets kinda annoying.

Does anyone know a solution to these issues? Anything will be helpful, thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 09:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Maybe locating some take-off seats & replacing your seats? Or, find some seats that are in bad shape & just using the harness inserts?

Maybe you can install those inserts yourself or is it time for a reupholster?

Also, not familiar w/that logo on the seats. Looks like the seats were already reupholstered?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 09:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
i have never seen those seats, could they have possibly be redone? Never seen the mitsu logo on the seat, maybe wasnt put back since they got redone.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Yeah, the front piece isn't going to stay in without the back piece, they snap together.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Damn man, I redid my seats a few months ago and bought out the remaining inventory of those from mitsubishi. Just sold the last ones like 3 weeks ago
if you look overseas for Evo 5 or Evo 6 seatbelt guides there are some out there still (they were never marketed for 8/9, but mitsubishi imported the 5/6 ones to reduce warranty costs versus replacing seat backs).
There won't be any more us ones though, they obsoleted it (why I bought them all so they didn't get sent back to jp )

I might still have my old ones somewhere (they were fine, just wanted to replace them so they were tighter on the thicker material), will take a look this weekend.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OneSlowEvo8
i have never seen those seats, could they have possibly be redone? Never seen the mitsu logo on the seat, maybe wasnt put back since they got redone.
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Maybe locating some take-off seats & replacing your seats? Or, find some seats that are in bad shape & just using the harness inserts?

Maybe you can install those inserts yourself or is it time for a reupholster?

Also, not familiar w/that logo on the seats. Looks like the seats were already reupholstered?
Yea, im 99.9% sure the pervious owner had the seats re-done. They are like a leather, vinyl material.. Honestly, who ever did them didn't do such a great job lol. And I would get the seats replaced, it's just that the side panels match the seats.. And I don't wanna pay for 4 panels too

Last edited by 4G63_Crazy; Mar 28, 2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Bump
does anyone know a cheap alternative rather than buying a new seat? It won't look as good, but at least something that's better than the current eye sore it is.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
buy new seats. those are definitely refinished, never was a factory seat with that color combo