Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2004 Evo Key Stuck in Ignition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 Evo Key Stuck in Ignition

Hello,

I have a 2004 Evo that I just replaced the electronic ignition piece circled in blue to fix the common start up issue. As I screwed the new part in I turned my key in the ignition to test and make sure everything works. Afterwards my key cannot be removed from the ignition now. I have tried wiggling the steering wheel\column vigorously in hopes it will help remove the key, even tried shooting some silicone lube in the key hole. I've searched and no one has had any luck besides one guy who had to remove everything and take it to a lock smith. Hopefully someone might have experienced this and resolved that can chime in. Haven't had any luck searching and really not looking forward to removing steering wheel if I have to. I found a parts diagram that looks like the actual ignition tumbler can be removed but not sure how.

https://imgur.com/a/yBDkSXN

Video of the issue

Old Aug 15, 2018, 04:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi, if you already tried everything described in this topic I fear you have to go to the locksmith.
Maybe someone else has a other suggestions...
Bye,
Patric