Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Weird start up issue

Old Sep 26, 2018, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird start up issue

So about a month ago I blew a coolant line off the throttle body while driving on the highway and the car started to over heat so I shut it down and pulled over to the shoulder and got it towed home. I fixed the leak and refilled the coolant and went to fire it up and it would just crank. Wouldn’t fire up. After about 5 or 10 minutes of trying to get it to start it finally fires up and runs fine. I go to the store and come back out and it won’t start again. I plug in evo scan and check for codes and nothing. I check the battery voltage and it’s right around 13-14. Car is an evo 8 with a 2.4 block. Full bolt ons. Spoolin up cop with fresh plugs. Never had these issues until this happened. What do you guys think?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
To replace the hose you probably pulled the intake and battery box. Check there to see if everything is connected and tight.

The engine needs fuel, spark, air and timing to run. If no fuel at start suspect crank sensor or pump. If no spark, suspect the cam sensor. If both of those are okay suspect timing.

Search this Thread