Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Leaking

Old Oct 1, 2018, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaking

So my 06 evo 9 is leaking a red fluid im pretty sure it is coming from the acd pump. If it is leaking from the acd pump should I not be driving it? Where do I fill it up after I fix the leak? Thank you in advance
Old Oct 1, 2018, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
No reason you can't keep driving it. Once it gets low enough you will get the acd pump error where all 3 lights (tarmac, gravel, snow) are lit up at the same time but it wont hurt the car driving, it will just act as an open diff. The acd fill reservoir will be right behind the driver's side headlight with a white cap. You may want to bleed the acd after fixing the leak.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What

Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
No reason you can't keep driving it. Once it gets low enough you will get the acd pump error where all 3 lights (tarmac, gravel, snow) are lit up at the same time but it wont hurt the car driving, it will just act as an open diff. The acd fill reservoir will be right behind the driver's side headlight with a white cap. You may want to bleed the acd after fixing the leak.
what kind of fluid does it take?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Any SP III rated ATF will do. Just make sure it is SPIII. The most common available seems to be Valvoline Maxlife ATF, thats what I used when I fixed mine.

Search this Thread