Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IX on Bring A Trailer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Evo IX on Bring A Trailer

Check out this auction, https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...olution-ix-16/. This will be interesting to see.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Damn just about to hit 4k miles, surprised its only at 20k ( at the time i'm writing this ) and finishing in a day. Irked at one of the videos, i have a pet peeve when someone drives a car when the tank light is on, especially as hard as he did, hope she goes to a good home. I would pick her up if i could....
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
I saw this car when he had it listed FS on CL. He made it seem like he was the original owner in his ad. Good pics were never shown in that ad either, but something didn't add up when I looked a lot closer at it. I was surprised why anyone would bother to replace the tires if they wanted to tout its originality (yes, the old ones likely had flat spots, but so what? No one was driving the thing anyway). Also the headlights looked like someone tried to clean them up, which I thought very odd for that low of miles. Seller told me he wanted $50k. I didn't bother replying.

I'd be surprised if that thing goes for anything over $30k. It's unfortunate the corrosion it has and it is very odd about the wing too. IX wings were clear-coated from the factory. VIII wings were not. There's no way that car sat outside only a year to get the funky rust it has, and for the wing to "weather" in that short amount of time. I sold a IX earlier this year that had been a DD in ultra sunny AZ... Car had 135k on it, and the wing was in better shape than the one on this one.

If someone can tell me a legitimate reason why an O2 sensor and the MAP sensor would need replacing at that low of miles too, I'd love to hear why. I gather the seller is cheap in general, and I don't see him spending unnecessary money like that.

In the end, it's tough to justify a big premium on a car like this when you can buy one with a little more miles that is in much better shape cosmetically. IMO, the whole point of paying a premium for an ultra-low mile car like this is so that you can have a car that is pristine, or nearly pristine, and as untouched from the factory as possible.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

I shared this because it has such low miles. I wasn’t looking for this car but was having a chat with a friend about “bringatrailer”. I saw this listing and with many people who want this example of a car could follow or inquire what it’s worth. Thanks for sharing your info and that you viewed the car.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Was probably modified and brought back to stock.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by h22gordo
Was probably modified and brought back to stock.
Agreed. There are some signs in the pictures that show parts have been moved around.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
under the hood looks older mileage
Old Oct 27, 2018, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
So, how much did it sell for?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by barneyb
So, how much did it sell for?
If I recall, $39,700 just under $40k.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
^ It actually sold for just under $37k, which is insane. Buyer would have had to pay 5% on top of that to BaT for the privilege of overbuying on their site, plus shipping if it needed to be shipped as well. Cars do tend to sell for a lot more on BaT than other venues, but this still sold for more than it should've. Lots of dumb money on BaT though, as proven by other recent auctions of theirs with cars selling for double what they would go for on CL for example.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I could mess that up really nicely
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:50 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
BAT is slowly beginning known as a joke. Almost seems like they jack prices up to ridiculous amounts just so they can list a car elsewhere and reference the BAT ad. "Look how much it sold for here". I bet it didn't.
then there all the people that post comments like "this is the one" and "I never experienced driving a car like this until this one day, in my life" blah blah.
Feels like site employees leaving fake testimonials. I see them no matter how ordinary the car is. 1995 Honda Civic LX with A/T and 20k miles? Oh yeah. This is the one.

​​​​