Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 4 newbie, desperate need of help on buying parts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Evo 4 newbie, desperate need of help on buying parts

So I recently purchased a 1996 Evo 4 and it's my very first jdm car so I'm about as new as it gets to the Japanese car scene, let alone the Evolution scene. I have done tons of research and can't seem to find any good sources for buying aftermarket parts (I live in Canada) for this particular Evo and it's stressing me out. If any other Evo 4 owners could shed some light as to where I should look for parts it would be a life saver I'm very desperate and eager to mod this car. I'm looking for things coilovers, a bov, intake, gauges etc etc etc. Let me know!!! (:
Old Oct 22, 2018, 06:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Some of the guys have used PartSouq to buy their parts. I use their site to ID parts

See here: https://partsouq.com/
Old Oct 25, 2018, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 118 Likes on 95 Posts
I could tell you the answer, but I think you should do your research on this first. A lot of parts are either universal or carry over from the USDM Evo 8/9. Lots are Japan-only, but can be purchased easily from Canada. Go part-by-part and find out what works; some parts "importers" will probably hose you badly because you didn't find better sources.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RS200
I could tell you the answer, but I think you should do your research on this first. A lot of parts are either universal or carry over from the USDM Evo 8/9. Lots are Japan-only, but can be purchased easily from Canada. Go part-by-part and find out what works; some parts "importers" will probably hose you badly because you didn't find better sources.
Sorry but this answer is not only useless but almost offensive, a fellow Canadian Evo owner asks for help and you cannot answer better than this?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 118 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by patric78
Sorry but this answer is not only useless but almost offensive, a fellow Canadian Evo owner asks for help and you cannot answer better than this?
Well, for one, there isn't one store that will sell everything he needs for JDM Evos in North America. Each part has to be found in its own place, so it's best to get into the habit of searching, since it will help whenever you find something else you need it, instead of losing time by asking for help. I have bought very few parts from the same stores, but learned to find equivalent parts and searched for them individually. The descriptions are vague, too, so it's difficult to recommend a part, in case it may be totally wrong for what he's after. These would all come up with a basic search.

Since I got called out on not being helpful, I'll do what I can. Not many parameters were given on requirements and budget, so I can't guarantee these are the best results.
Coilovers: https://www.rhdjapan.com/cusco-stree...-kit-cn9a.html
Decent basic intake: https://apexi-usa.com/power-intake-k...ncer-evo-4-5-6 (though I would probably find a solution that replaces everything pre-turbo)
BOV: http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Prod...-to-X-Red.html (find a dealer based on the part number). Don't get a BOV that vents to atmosphere, your ECU will not like it if the car isn't tuned for it.
Gauges: anywhere. I recommend EXTREMEPSI because they have a ton of selection and are usually priced ok.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
watch out for crank walk stay safe

evo 4 usually have that issue in our island there are like 25 evo 4 and non is on the stock engine...they all break