Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo iv idle air control valve

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo iv idle air control valve

Hi everyone, this my first time joining the evolutions.net.
I have a problem with idle air control valve on my evo4, and anytime I start the engine and once it get’s warm the RPM stays on 2000, and it doesn’t go down to 900. I bought a new idle air control valve with the assembly and as soon as I installed it, the engine RPM went up to 3000 which is worst than the older idle air control valve. I am not sure if it needs to be reseted? Has anyone experienced this issue before? Any suggestions would help. Thank you!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check the tension on the throttle cable. Sometimes they can tighten up over time and hold the throttle plate open a little causing high idle. Something to rule out anyways.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@pikwit thanks for the response back. I will check that as well, I’m taking the car tomorrow to my friend I told him this issue and he said could be the vacuum hose leaking cause I have AFR gauge He said he has to see it first. I will post the updates tomorrow this time hopefully will find the issue tomorrow.