Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HID swap lights into LED lights housing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
HID swap lights into LED lights housing

I have HIDs in my evo 8. I want to do the headlight intake mod but don't want to cut up my original headlight. Someone locally is selling a LED driver side headlight. Is it possible to swap over the evo 8 hid parts into the evo 9 LED housing?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
No Evos have LED's. If they do, they're projector housings with an LED bulb in them.

Evo 7, 8, and 9 all have the same headlights and they can be interchanged. The only differences will be the wiring harness on the HID vs. non-HID make the two headlights not directly interchangeable
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
No Evos have LED's. If they do, they're projector housings with an LED bulb in them.

Evo 7, 8, and 9 all have the same headlights and they can be interchanged. The only differences will be the wiring harness on the HID vs. non-HID make the two headlights not directly interchangeable
So its safe to say the housings are the same and I can swap over my HID lenses/hid motor/wires etc

I plan to do a headlight intake so I don't plan on using the 2 lenses that are closer to the center of the car

Last edited by TomekEVO; Mar 6, 2019 at 10:25 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
I don't know about the inner-workings of the housings but I would venture a guess that yes they are the same and you could swap from one to another