Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wiper fluid hose help

Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiper fluid hose help

Hey all. Was just finishing up a project and noticed the hose (in picture one) was just laying under the battery tray. Not sure if that's where it is supposed to be or it got tossed there. I see there is a fitting in the end making it look like it was connected to another hose. I followed it back to the very bottom wiper fluid reservoir (picture two). I lifted the battery tray and looked underneath to see if I could find a hose it could have came from but didn't see anything. I also looked under the car to see if maybe the potential hose it was connected to had fallen down but again didn't see anything. I was hoping someone on here would know where this is supposed to be connected to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old Mar 15, 2019, 04:39 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
That's the hose for the factory intercooler sprayer. The fluid for your actual windshield is in the trunk. You can take that tank and hose out.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 09:25 AM

Thanks for the quick response! Thanks for the help, still new to this platform. Where did it hook up to originally? Just curious. My car still has the stock ecu so maybe this feature is still usable. The person that owned this car before me could have disconnected it though.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If your evo is an 03 or 04 model, you should have an intercooler sprayer button in the center console, next to the cup holders. Assuming nothing has been previously disconnected, it should work when manually triggered.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 02:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
It originally hooked up to the front bumper behind the metal mesh. I believe it was ECU triggered but also had the manual button. A lot of people that have dual tunes, myself included, end up using the IC spray button to switch between 93 & E85.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 02:59 PM

Thanks again for the replies. I'll take a look and see if it's still hooked up or not. I do have an aftermarket bumper so it probably needs to be custom mounted if it does work still. My car is an 03 so it does have the button. My car does have dual tunes but it's through the gas pedal to change it. I wonder if its both. Thanks for the help guys

Search this Thread