Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What's wrong with Mitsubishi?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's wrong with Mitsubishi?

I have to say, I am a little concered with as a company right now, at least the North American arm. I guess I am not that concerned with the value of my Evo dropping (although the thought has crossed my mind) but I am most concerned with the company's habit of loosing millions of dollars over the past several years. There are many reasons for this, I guess. The overall product is basically boring and drab. Besides the Evo, there is no passion what so ever in their vehicles. And while the Evo may be the only shining light right now in the US, 4k-5k vehicles sold each year isn't going to make much of a lift in the profit margin. I think should open up there eyes a little a better diversify their product.

I know Chrylser is pulling big bucks back from them, but while they still have a chance they should use that relationship to it's fullest, if not for money then at least platform sharing. Mitsu has been providing for engines etc. and rebadged vehicles for many manufactures for a long time, now it's time to return the favor. For example use the Dakota Platform and get back into trucks. They sell like hotcakes in the US. Maybe a minivan?....the Caravan platform is the best selling. Do something else with the Montero Sport, it's tired. I know they have a new Eclipse coming and that's good, but it seems they will be spending (or already have) alot of $$$ on R&D on the hybrid stuff, and product development. I think should just go back to the drawing board, get simple, and reintroduce some passion into every vehicle, whether it be an SUV or a new EVO. Mistu selling minivans and trucks may **** you fellow Evo fans off, but the bottom line here is profit and Mitsu has none! When there is profit, then good things will happen, even for us EVO fans. Trust me Mitsu won't forget the Evo, but it alone will not save this company. And we don't want it to, we want to keep the exclusivity of the Evo high, and let them sell a billion Galants!

Mitsubishi was the first Japanese automaker to sell cars over in the US and they have had a great run, but if something isn't done soon they'll be the first major Japanese manufacturer to leave the US. Sorry so long, just wanted to write. Any feedback?
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

**** mistushishi, they have the worst service department in the history of the United states that i have ever come across. They need to get bent over and jammed with no lubrication for the way they treat thier customers. We buy a $30k car and all they can say to us is, you abuse your cars so no, warranty will not cover it or cover that! All they are about is making a profit and not giving a **** about the customer, cause hell we already bought the car, so why not make us pay more since they specialize in EVO service and if you get service other than Mistu, the part is no longer covered by mistu unless they install a part for which you have to pay for parts and labor. So you see they got us cornered big time. Mistubishi makes good car is some aspects but thier service is why after this EVO, i am never going back to Mistubishi again. Honda/Acura was the best service i got. **** if i blew a clutch on my Type R, i went a bought a aftermarket one and they covered the labor, now thats good service! Unlike Mistu, hey sign here sign here thanks for your money see you next breakdown. **** MITSUBISHI as a company! they can suck my ***.

YOU MADE A RALLY RACE CAR YOU FU CKING IDIOTS, WE ARE DRIVING IT THE WAY IT WAS MADE FOR!! ITS NOT A 4-DOOR SEDAN!!!
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:12 AM

the toyota servcie department over here is the same exact way!!!
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:16 AM

I agree that they need to do something to stay afloat, like a minivan, truck, etc.

I also think that alot of what Mitsu is going through is their own fault, alot more people would buy their products if they didn't have the bad rap ie: customer service not really up to par, and the quality in their products isn't really that high either. People expect ALOT when they buy a new car and mitsu doesn't really deliver. I have owned a Nissan 350z and a toyota MR2 Spyder, Nissan treated me like I bought a their top of the line car and gave me great service and treated me very well overall. Toyota had OUTSTANDING build quility and also treated me very well. When I go into my dealer with my Evo, Mitsu treats me like I stole the car from them and have no right to own it, they talk down to me like I am some kid that has no idea. (Not a kid 28 and military) My Evo broke with less than 5000 miles on it I took it in told them what was wrong, they just rolled their eyes and then took a month to figure out I was right all along, then tried to void my warranty, took another 2 weeks of arguing all they way to Mitsu corporate to get it fixed, then 2 more weeks to actually repair it. That left me without a car for just short of 2 months. Not one time did they treat me with any respect.

I know this isn't standard operating procedure, or at least hope it not, but it is my experience with them and causes MY bad opinion of them.

I will never buy another mitsu product for this reason and even now chose to do all my own servicing just because I don't want to deal with them being a**es about me and my car. With my Nissan and Toyota I never had any of these problems, they treated me with respect and treated me like a customer.

I think if they fixed these kind of experieces it would go a long way in helping their cause.

This is just my 2 cents. Please don't flame too bad.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:17 AM
JDF

Originally Posted by ZeroFrost
YOU MADE A RALLY RACE CAR YOU FU CKING IDIOTS, WE ARE DRIVING IT THE WAY IT WAS MADE FOR!! ITS NOT A 4-DOOR SEDAN!!!

I am sure that provides warranty work for all Rally race teams
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

LOL yea they probably do, but we dont, and thats what is important.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

i wanna gather a bunch of poeple in PA to go to Mitsubishi dealerships and have a protest and then i can call my cousin which will get the news involved and have them record it and have it shown on TV, then we will see if Mitsubishi will do anything after they get flammed on national TV. Imbaris them as they did to use after buying thier product.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:27 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
are you sure it's all Mitsu dealerships? I haven't been to mine yet.

You guys are making me uneasy.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

sorry plokivos, but the truth can sometimes be uneasy and harsh, but we got a great performace car but bad service to back it up.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

bump it up!
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

bump again, sorry
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

So far I took my Evo in for the inFAMOUS 5th gear grinding, and they been ok so far. I took it in yest, and the service guy called me and said that they hafd to order a few parts, gears etc. and they will be in Thursday. He said once the parts are in it will take three days to fix. So I am crossing my fingers!!!!
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

yea well lets hope when they drop the tranny they dont see any glaze or say hello to your checkbook and cut check number 107UpTheButt
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

no matter what kind of car you're taling about, people will always complain about service. go to hond-tech and read all the stories about honda refusing to pay for blown S2000 motors, etc. the problem is not unique to mitsubishi.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

no, mitsubishi is unique cause all they can say is that we abuse the car and void the parts warranty, they can use that over and over. Plus Honda/Acura is LESS prone to problems. Mitsu has bad parts. IE: Clutch/Tranny.

Quick Reply: What's wrong with Mitsubishi?