Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bad GAS???????????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2004, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bad GAS???????????

Ok.. this is what happened today,
as i was coming home from my work, i stopped by the gas station(Texaco) close to my house. I put a full tank of premium gas into my Evo, and started engine try to take off...engine stalled!!!! i started again but it died off again..i was like ****...
im really tired from work..and why is this happening to me..so i popped up the hood to check any hoses and they were all fine...
I called wrecker service to get my car to the dealer...and there i was waiting for about an hour..as soon as wrecker service truck..pulled into gas station, i saw this girl with BMW...well...and i saw her putting in gas and...guess what...
as she tried to take off...her car stallled too...i was like ****...can it be the gas??
they better not have water in the tank...
man..im just pissed....
i hope my evo doesnt get damaged from this...
does anybody know what will happen to the engine?
and what do i need to do against gas station??
i saved my receipt ....and girls number so i can find out if she had the same problem...
arrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

What Texaco gas station are you talking about so I can make sure I dont get it
BTW i.m in Nashville too
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

funny you say this

my friend was forced to stop at texico a week back.... after his tank of gas his car ran like **** . he drives a passat vr6, his accelleration and idle / smoothness of driving was horrible... i / he will never go to texico again
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

this texaco is on old hickory blvd and junction with bell road before the walmart on nolensville...
its right next to the hill...u know where im talking about?
damn..i hope my car is ok when i call my dealer tomorrow...
they told me if water gets into engine...then the gas station got to pay for a new evo...
i dont wanna go through all the troubles...
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:58 PM

Wow that sounds kinda bad. A few weeks back at the service dept where I work we got a customer with the same problem. He filled up his her with gas and as he went to start it , it stalled and wouldn't start. He had it towed in and after we looked at it it turns out he had water in his tank. But what sucks this wasn't no 50/50 mix of water and gas it was more like 90/10 mix. 90=water 10=gas. The bad thing was that we couldn't just flush his system, we had to replace his whole fuel system including gas tank, fuel pump,injectors etc..... He apparently pumped the gas at Chevron. It kinda sucks because not only do we get 91 **** gas here now we gotta worry about pumping gas. This is why I only use 76 gas...
Old Jun 10, 2004, 05:45 AM

Check the other post on bad gas. I wrote about how we had local news reports on our area Texacos. The gas had Sulfur in it and was killing cars.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Not that I had a no start condition but I had to stop using BP's fuel given a misfire condition. Basically the car was missing at all RPMs. Friends are having the same problem with other cars, thus it's BP.

It is my opinion that something goes on with the high gas prices and fuel quality. Last time we had an all time spike in crude oil prices I had the same problem. The manufacture of the car tested the fuel (different car) and found a high water content. And yes they replaced parts at their own cost and suggested strongly not to purchase from that supplier again.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

1 thread is enough on the same subject.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=84231

Closed.