Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo vs sti ? which one sold more?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2004, 10:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO sales number from Mitsu Corp

Originally Posted by yycools
STi is also a limited production, the 03 Evo wasn't, 04 Evo and RS and MR are limited production tho.
You believed STi is a limited production vehicle?? If a car is available as demand is still there, that should not be considered as a limited production model. Limited production model should be something like a Carrera GT, Enzo, 959, GT3, etc.

By the way, here is the sales number from Mitsu Corp up to July 04.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...57691&mime=ASC
Old Aug 19, 2004, 06:50 PM

SOA claims they sold 7500 2004 MY STi's. I can believe it as I see maybe 1 EVO in a months time that I haven't seen before.

With the 2005 STi comming early in the year again, they might sell 7,500 again although it looks like production is more limited at the 05 launch.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

All depends on where you live, and really just because you happend to see 3 STIs in one day and no EVOs, doesn't automatically mean STI sell better. This thread is complete BS, you want to know which one sells better, visit both of the manufactuers sites and get your answers there.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see probably 6 times more STis than EVOs
Old Aug 19, 2004, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

i didn't have to be on a waiting list to get an evo. its not that limited...

there are way more evo's out than sti's
Old Aug 19, 2004, 08:00 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

In Colorado, AKA the Subaru capital of the world, I see 2 or 3 STIs every day. I see an Evo about once a week.

BTW, whether you are on a waiting list or not has absolutely nothing to do with the absolute number produced or if it is a limited production, but instead the number produced in relation to demand.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pyrovice
I have seen at least 15 evos around Ann Arbor, and only 3 sti's... Now WRX's, thats another story. I have seen probably 35 different wrx wagons alone and plenty more sedans. I take every oppertunity to revv at the middle age ladies in the wagons haha I know I'm an *******.
Wah huh? I wanna live in Ann Arbor. I think I've seen, or know most evo's round me. Only about five or six I know of here.

STI's, I see at least one or two a day on the freeway, WRX's everywhere all the time.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Evo's are pretty rare in Washington, but STI's I see on a daily basis. WRX's definately flood the streets though. My opinion is that there where many more STI sold than EVO. All the EVO's are in Florida I think.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Both EVO's and STi's are classified on paper as "limited production vehicles." I think more 03 EVO's were made than 04 STI's. I don't have anything on sales figures though.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
I have no numbers but, I do see alot more STI's than I do Evo's.

same here...for the first time yesterday i ran into another evo on the street. and i have been driving my evo for well over a year now
Old Aug 19, 2004, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

in my podunk area of north coast oregon, we have one sti, my buddies, and my evo, within probably 100 miles thats it. but- when i get into portland i dont see many either, about even i guess.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
All depends on where you live, and really just because you happend to see 3 STIs in one day and no EVOs, doesn't automatically mean STI sell better. This thread is complete BS, you want to know which one sells better, visit both of the manufactuers sites and get your answers there.
numbers are numbers. you right, we can alwayz track the amount of cars sold. but

hearing other people experience in their own town is not a BS. if you don't have

somethin to add to the thread, don't say anything.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 09:31 PM

I don't know if this will help or not. I got this information from Automotive news. If you are in the automotive industry you read automotive news. I went on their web site and used a password to get in. They state that through July Mitsu has sold 30,618 Lancers and Subaru has sold 18, 284 Impreza's. They didn't give an actual number of Evo's or Sti in those numbers. I understand also that the lancer is less expensive than an Impreza and will probably have higher sales just based on cost.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

I see only about 2 different Evos and or one or two Stis on any given day. I travel from Los Angeles to Orange County to Riverside. Not many out there
Old Aug 19, 2004, 11:26 PM

Evo sales figures vs. STi figures

Originally Posted by Eric Lyublinsky
STIs in 04 about 2300 units is what I read on nasioc
and people on this board claim 5000 evos.

for 04 evo sales have dropped at least 30% every mouth from the year before.

I don't know how ture the numbers are but this is what my understanding is.
See http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...57691&mime=ASC for the Mitsu sales numbers..

Knee-jerk observation is that the Evo is selling about the same as the STi, if 2300 units is accurate from the NASIOC boards. Personal observation - I see LOTS more STis around here in the SF Bay Area than Evos..

Local dealership here has way more leather-recaroed Evos in stock than normal cloth.. blech.

Quick Reply: evo vs sti ? which one sold more?