EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   New Evo Info (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/2286-new-evo-info.html)

Vtec1 Mar 5, 2002 12:56 AM

New Evo Info

I just talk to a lady @ mitsu vechile department (714)372-6000 I asked her about the evo lancer then she told me to hold on so she could find me the paper on it. Here is what she said the evo will have 256 horses awd turbo 2.0 liter brembo brakes sub 30,000 she quoted list price would be around 28,000 then all of a sudden she stopped and told me that the info she told me was for the press release and she couldn't tell me anymore **** the pissed me off. So i'm thinking there already have all the numbers in place. Their just waiting for a press release date. Well we all know aleast the horses. I wish she would have spilled all the beans. Also she said 2003 jan for release date

Hooby Mar 5, 2002 01:05 AM

Still waitin for some non-sales reps (BS'ers) to say something.....

No offense to you man, just waitin for an actual :mitsu: press release that I can see in front of my eyes.

Thanks though!!

Hooby

Vtec1 Mar 5, 2002 01:08 AM

New Evo NEws

That numer and place i called was at the mitsu plant not a dealership

broeli Mar 5, 2002 01:20 AM

Sounds pretty good. I just hope it is acurate info. I hoped for more horsepower though :( only 30hp more than a std wrx? Also, I hope it is the GSR...not a version of the GTA with optional Recaros, wing, no hood vents, etc....makes me wonder since she didn't mention the Recaros....28k sounds good though :D

Soleman20 Mar 5, 2002 01:22 AM

256 horses????? U sure you don't mean 265? Or maybe she meant to say 265...

broeli Mar 5, 2002 02:02 AM

Why doesn't someone else call the # and try to trick the person into giving you the info? If they are reluctant to pass you any info..just tell them you are a sales manager or something :D
We need DETAILS :drool:

focal_m3 Mar 5, 2002 02:04 AM

Originally posted by broeli
Why doesn't someone else call the # and try to trick the person into giving you the info? If they are reluctant try to pass you any info..just tell them you are a sales manager or something :D
We need DETAILS :drool:

:D:thumbup: i like the way you think ;)

Sk8boardIL Mar 5, 2002 02:05 AM

I would think the EVo is going to have pretty much the same number of horses as the STi. They are going to wait for each other to realese some info and then do what the other company is doing.
Hopefully Mitsu is going to up the HP a little :mitsu:

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 5, 2002 02:06 AM

Maybe someone could be a representative from an online car magazine, and have them fax the press release over?

Or bluff their way as a journalist, and have them send it to their home fax.

Heh heh. Sounds like fun. Any takers?

Sk8boardIL Mar 5, 2002 02:08 AM

good idea - unfortunately I don't have a fax machine

broeli Mar 5, 2002 02:21 AM

Tell them you are a rep for Mitsubishi of North America and you need a copy of the press release for the US Evo in preperation for the NY Auto Show :D

Vtec1 Mar 5, 2002 03:37 AM

Well what's everybody waiting for call or do something. I like the way u people think I was actually going to call and act like i was a rep and see if i can get anything else. I'll post anything new if i get any confirmation. And it was 256 not 265 tha't what she told me.

broeli Mar 5, 2002 04:08 AM

I called...Icould hardly hear what she was saying though. She didn't sound real knowedgable and she was obviously reading from an article or something. She said it was due out 4thquarter this year. Target price 30k, brembos, recaros, ayc/acd. She also said it is rated at 276hp but is believed to put out closer to 300+hp. Sounds like Motor Trnd type info :confused:
I asked her when brochures would be out and she said it should be this summer sometime. Kinda strange I got different info...maybe Vtec1 got a lady that had info the one I talked to didn't.....still no more news..just different info once again.....SOMEONE ELSE CALL NOW...see which info you get :D

RaX Mar 5, 2002 04:55 AM

Whatever the horsepower is, Mitsubishi will have Ralliart USA to get you back to JDM spec and beyond. So you need not to worry about the HP rating. It's the other goodies like AYC, ACD, etc. that we should be worried about.

Soleman20 Mar 5, 2002 07:23 AM

Good point...the question is do you have $$$ to spend on aftermarket parts after you have just bought a $30,000 car???

Lets say the car comes over with 250hp. Do you think an intake, exhaust, and header will give the 26 extra horses? Probably not.