EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   New Evo Info (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/2286-new-evo-info.html)

shon Mar 5, 2002 07:45 AM

evo VII info

I called the local dealership today which informed me they will garantee a car for delivery in december for a $200 deposit. Three colors...
Black/Yellow/Silver. He said 2 people have already placed deposits.
Pricetag was just shy of 30k

ssgokou Mar 5, 2002 08:19 AM

shon what dealer ship did you talk to? info please and is the information they are giving you and promising you accurate? just making sure you don't get scammed outta your deposit and with a let down

Soleman20 Mar 5, 2002 08:23 AM

Yeah, and also go to this link and follow the directions so others can get their deposits in at your dealership...

http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/t1525.html

RaX Mar 5, 2002 09:31 AM

Originally posted by Soleman20
Lets say the car comes over with 250hp. Do you think an intake, exhaust, and header will give the 26 extra horses? Probably not.
On a turbocharged car? Easily.

Plus I'm sure there'll be other Ralliart parts such as a front mount intercoolers, assuming we don't get that standard.

Soleman20 Mar 5, 2002 09:40 AM

I guess your right...the car does have 250+ hp with turbo. I am used to modding 120HP type cars:lol:

TearItUpSports Mar 5, 2002 06:27 PM

Yeah a 16G turbo is good for a lot of horsepower. I am sure you can get well over 300 HP to the wheels with it.

focal_m3 Mar 5, 2002 06:43 PM

Originally posted by TearItUpSports
Yeah a 16G turbo is good for a lot of horsepower. I am sure you can get well over 300 HP to the wheels with it.
your saying intake headers and exhaust will add 50+ hp? correct me if i'm wrong.

edogg23 Mar 5, 2002 10:11 PM

Assuming its down on hp becaue of extra cats placed in by mitsu it could easily gain 50 hp by replacing these the above items. In a supra you can gain 40 hp just by replacing the downpipe.

Claudius Mar 5, 2002 10:27 PM

How much power and torque you can gain back depends on how the power was reduced. Well, no, let me rephrase that: how much power you can gain back without very costly mods depends on how the power was cut off.

Look, my Evo had 280 bhp when I got it, now it has around 340 - 350 bhp. I changed the exhaust air filter and boost / fuelling. You could get the exact same result on a car restricted to 250 or 230 bhp if it were the, say, ridiculous exhaust diameter or 0.5 bars of boost only. No questions.

What would be more worying is if they changed the intercooler places and put a smaller one, because then you would have to buy one! Or if they changed the turbo. But I doubt that, it wouldnt be an Evo. So nobody please start quoting me saying that Mitsubishi will put a hairdryer in the US version, I never said that! OK? ;) Well... actually why wouldnt they? ... I think they will! In fact, I think you guys will get an Eclipse engine in the Evo, they had some left, that's why! :p

Come on, it will be OK, It will have 30 less than Europe or Japan, and when you guys start putting Frankenstein turbos etc in it it will have anything between 500 and as hi as you dare going, so stop whining!!! :)

Lan Evo Mar 5, 2002 10:33 PM

Originally posted by focal_m3
your saying intake headers and exhaust will add 50+ hp? correct me if i'm wrong.
I think he means using the 16G turbo (bigger than stock) will give you more hp...

On top of that, just by changing downpipe, exhaust and chip will give you a lot more than stock...

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 5, 2002 10:39 PM

On a turbocharged car with a highly restrictive exhaust I think it's entirely possible. The WRX has 3, I repeat, 3 catalytic converters on it. If you get a less restrictive air intake, and an exhaust that has only one high flow cat, I think it is reasonable to get 26hp. So there. Ok, we'll see what happens, but I think it is a possibility.

focal_m3 Mar 5, 2002 10:58 PM

Originally posted by edogg23
Assuming its down on hp becaue of extra cats placed in by mitsu it could easily gain 50 hp by replacing these the above items. In a supra you can gain 40 hp just by replacing the downpipe.
wow, i wasn't aware of that. :D

focal_m3 Mar 5, 2002 11:00 PM

Originally posted by Lan Evo

I think he means using the 16G turbo (bigger than stock) will give you more hp...

On top of that, just by changing downpipe, exhaust and chip will give you a lot more than stock...

thx for clearing that up :karate:

cary Mar 6, 2002 02:02 AM

i thought the big 16g was the stock turbo in the evolution?

compdoc777 Mar 6, 2002 04:24 AM

New EVO VII

To tell the truth I think there are going to be two EVO's base and top of the line. Both with the same gratifiying HP! RS and GSR.

What I want to know is can the Big 16G be bolted on I know it has the 16G at the moment. Also, where can one get performance parts for these. I want mine pumping all 375 horses shortly after I get it home.

I worry about the front mount intercooler. That might be the speed restriction. I also heard they were lying about the rated HP its going to be the 276 rate from japan which is quickly modified to 320.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas for upgrades so far I am going to take all the mods off my Eclipse and put them on my EVO.

There is a site which has all the parts need to change a 98+ mirage or 2002 Lancer into a EVO for $7500 if you have one and don't want to foot the $30K the kit comes with engine,brakes,trans,all the goodies,body parts, suspension I think everything.

:drool: