EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Anyone else have problems with their innovative wideband? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/513143-anyone-else-have-problems-their-innovative-wideband.html)

Bigdezel502 Sep 7, 2010 05:56 PM

Anyone else have problems with their innovative wideband?

I was wondering if anyone out there with a innovative wideband has had any problems with their reading just all of the sudden stop and the light keeps blinking. It keeps happening to me and I have to keep moving the wideband controller in the engine bay everytime to fix it but it always comes back. Im thinking of getting rid of it, is their a simple fix for this?

sho669 Sep 7, 2010 06:00 PM

I haven't ran one on the evo but for a while they were popular in the mustang scene around here, in short they had issues and everyone I know that ran one has thrown it in the trash.

Bigdezel502 Sep 7, 2010 09:01 PM

I think Im going the same route here do you happen to know of a good wideband that has a blue led gauge that comes with it?

stackhouse Sep 7, 2010 09:02 PM

check your wiring. you could have a loose connector, or a bad spot in the wire. But, like sho669 said, these things are qwirky. It seems like they constantly need to be re-calibrated.

compscibOi Sep 7, 2010 09:24 PM

Doesn't surprise me. Honestly. Sell it.

Also its Innovate

Bobster22388 Sep 7, 2010 09:28 PM

I have one and I love it, over a year and no issues at all. Everyone I've talked to loves it, so it looks like there are mixed opinions on them as with any product out there. It sounds almost like you have a grounding issue of some sort. Mine did this when I first bought it because it needed to be calibrated.

sho669 Sep 7, 2010 10:23 PM

Zietronix makes a good gauge and it comes in blue :)

Roberti22 Sep 7, 2010 10:53 PM

My friend and i are both running them without any problems...have you tried to recalibrate it? id do that first then double check all your wiring if that does not work out for you.

ssg_petty_210 Sep 7, 2010 10:54 PM

switch to the aem wideband. I have no issues with that.

DREVO978 Sep 8, 2010 02:13 AM

I have one and having issues now.. thing randomly reads 50 afta a few min. Of being on and stays there tipl i turn it off.. than does it again

Bigdezel502 Sep 8, 2010 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Roberti22 (Post 8650084)
My friend and i are both running them without any problems...have you tried to recalibrate it? id do that first then double check all your wiring if that does not work out for you.

How do you recalibrate it im not familiar with them?

Fast_Freddie Sep 8, 2010 04:11 AM

I seriously got tired of Innovates quirky behavior, and sold it, used the money from that to purchase an AEM UEGO, and haven't looked back. The innovate always seemed to mess up right in the middle of a tuning session...

Roberti22 Sep 8, 2010 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bigdezel502 (Post 8650250)
How do you recalibrate it im not familiar with them?

Ok this will only work it the gauge is installed properly with the Red button and tiny LED light.

1. You have to take the sensor out of the bung on your DownPipe and discoonect the connector from the LC-1 unit(black rectangle box)..turn the key on postion but do not start wait 20 seconds. The LED light should flash in a 2 blink sequence. Turn the key off.

2. Reconnect the connector to the LC-1 unit and still keep the O2 sensor out of the exhaust. Turn the key back to the On position. the LED light should start blinking slowly then start getting faster..once the LED is lit steadily and not blinking( just light up) press and hold the button for 30 seconds.

3. The LED will go off while you hold the button. After you let go of the button the LED will come back on light up. That should be it ...put the O2 sensor back into your Bung/Downpipe and turn the car on and see if it is reading correctly.

IF that does not work check how the unit is wired. Its a kinda simply but can be hard if your not good at wiring things espically in a car.

This instructions should be in the Quick Start Guide that came with the LC-1 if you bought this item brand new.

Good Luck

Zeitronix Sep 8, 2010 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by sho669 (Post 8650049)
Zeitronix makes a good gauge and it comes in blue :)

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ZR...x210.Final.gif

Bigdezel502 Sep 8, 2010 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Roberti22 (Post 8650293)
Ok this will only work it the gauge is installed properly with the Red button and tiny LED light.

1. You have to take the sensor out of the bung on your DownPipe and discoonect the connector from the LC-1 unit(black rectangle box)..turn the key on postion but do not start wait 20 seconds. The LED light should flash in a 2 blink sequence. Turn the key off.

2. Reconnect the connector to the LC-1 unit and still keep the O2 sensor out of the exhaust. Turn the key back to the On position. the LED light should start blinking slowly then start getting faster..once the LED is lit steadily and not blinking( just light up) press and hold the button for 30 seconds.

3. The LED will go off while you hold the button. After you let go of the button the LED will come back on light up. That should be it ...put the O2 sensor back into your Bung/Downpipe and turn the car on and see if it is reading correctly.

IF that does not work check how the unit is wired. Its a kinda simply but can be hard if your not good at wiring things espically in a car.

This instructions should be in the Quick Start Guide that came with the LC-1 if you bought this item brand new.

Good Luck

Great info thanks a lot Im gonna try this out see if it does anything if not then ill be looking for a replacement.