Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone else have problems with their innovative wideband?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2010, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else have problems with their innovative wideband?

I was wondering if anyone out there with a innovative wideband has had any problems with their reading just all of the sudden stop and the light keeps blinking. It keeps happening to me and I have to keep moving the wideband controller in the engine bay everytime to fix it but it always comes back. Im thinking of getting rid of it, is their a simple fix for this?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't ran one on the evo but for a while they were popular in the mustang scene around here, in short they had issues and everyone I know that ran one has thrown it in the trash.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:01 PM

I think Im going the same route here do you happen to know of a good wideband that has a blue led gauge that comes with it?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:02 PM

check your wiring. you could have a loose connector, or a bad spot in the wire. But, like sho669 said, these things are qwirky. It seems like they constantly need to be re-calibrated.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:24 PM
Account Disabled

Doesn't surprise me. Honestly. Sell it.

Also its Innovate
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have one and I love it, over a year and no issues at all. Everyone I've talked to loves it, so it looks like there are mixed opinions on them as with any product out there. It sounds almost like you have a grounding issue of some sort. Mine did this when I first bought it because it needed to be calibrated.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Zietronix makes a good gauge and it comes in blue
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

My friend and i are both running them without any problems...have you tried to recalibrate it? id do that first then double check all your wiring if that does not work out for you.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

switch to the aem wideband. I have no issues with that.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

I have one and having issues now.. thing randomly reads 50 afta a few min. Of being on and stays there tipl i turn it off.. than does it again
Old Sep 8, 2010, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Roberti22
My friend and i are both running them without any problems...have you tried to recalibrate it? id do that first then double check all your wiring if that does not work out for you.
How do you recalibrate it im not familiar with them?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I seriously got tired of Innovates quirky behavior, and sold it, used the money from that to purchase an AEM UEGO, and haven't looked back. The innovate always seemed to mess up right in the middle of a tuning session...
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bigdezel502
How do you recalibrate it im not familiar with them?

Ok this will only work it the gauge is installed properly with the Red button and tiny LED light.

1. You have to take the sensor out of the bung on your DownPipe and discoonect the connector from the LC-1 unit(black rectangle box)..turn the key on postion but do not start wait 20 seconds. The LED light should flash in a 2 blink sequence. Turn the key off.

2. Reconnect the connector to the LC-1 unit and still keep the O2 sensor out of the exhaust. Turn the key back to the On position. the LED light should start blinking slowly then start getting faster..once the LED is lit steadily and not blinking( just light up) press and hold the button for 30 seconds.

3. The LED will go off while you hold the button. After you let go of the button the LED will come back on light up. That should be it ...put the O2 sensor back into your Bung/Downpipe and turn the car on and see if it is reading correctly.

IF that does not work check how the unit is wired. Its a kinda simply but can be hard if your not good at wiring things espically in a car.

This instructions should be in the Quick Start Guide that came with the LC-1 if you bought this item brand new.

Good Luck
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sho669
Zeitronix makes a good gauge and it comes in blue

Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Roberti22
Ok this will only work it the gauge is installed properly with the Red button and tiny LED light.

1. You have to take the sensor out of the bung on your DownPipe and discoonect the connector from the LC-1 unit(black rectangle box)..turn the key on postion but do not start wait 20 seconds. The LED light should flash in a 2 blink sequence. Turn the key off.

2. Reconnect the connector to the LC-1 unit and still keep the O2 sensor out of the exhaust. Turn the key back to the On position. the LED light should start blinking slowly then start getting faster..once the LED is lit steadily and not blinking( just light up) press and hold the button for 30 seconds.

3. The LED will go off while you hold the button. After you let go of the button the LED will come back on light up. That should be it ...put the O2 sensor back into your Bung/Downpipe and turn the car on and see if it is reading correctly.

IF that does not work check how the unit is wired. Its a kinda simply but can be hard if your not good at wiring things espically in a car.

This instructions should be in the Quick Start Guide that came with the LC-1 if you bought this item brand new.

Good Luck
Great info thanks a lot Im gonna try this out see if it does anything if not then ill be looking for a replacement.