EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Planning on getting an intake and and exhaust soon. What brand should I get? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/598566-planning-getting-intake-exhaust-soon-what-brand-should-i-get.html)

mistergomez316 Feb 17, 2012 12:09 AM

Planning on getting an intake and and exhaust soon. What brand should I get?

Leaning towards getting an Injen intake w/ upper and lower intercooler pipes and Greddy Evo 2. Any suggestions? :helpme:

HaVoC187 Feb 17, 2012 04:02 AM

Injen intake isn't that great, I would get a Perrin instead.
UICP is only for looks so it doesn't matter what you choose, LICP I would go with either ETS or Nisei.
Since you are looking at a Greddy Evo 2 I assume you want a quiet exhaust?

svt_lightning01 Feb 17, 2012 08:20 AM

i have the perrin intake and i love it i stuck with the stock uicp just because it has no power gain. i also went with the buschur licp. Also the magnaflow muffler in my opinion sounds great. its all about what is for you in the exhaust though.

BDecker9 Feb 17, 2012 09:35 AM

I have an Injen intake on mine right now, and I bought a different one (just waiting on weather to get better). The Injen seems like it's restrictive. It's got a pretty hard angle at the end going into the throttle body. ETS makes some pretty good IC piping

Thore Feb 17, 2012 09:53 AM

ETS is top notch stuff.

My invidia exhaust w/ test pipe is quiet most of the time and aggressive sounding when I want it too.

Levar Feb 17, 2012 10:13 AM

Why would the UICP not provide an added capability and possibility to increase power?

As per Buschur: Our upper intercooler pipe upgrade eliminates 6 bends and 16" of length thereby reducing the flow restriction (less length, less bends, less restrictive flow).

Bottom Line: Less turns, less restriction, the greater possibility to increase power.

For the exhaust, are you wanting something quiet or are you in it for the performance?

silverevo05 Feb 17, 2012 10:31 AM

Your In California so

Aem Intake

ets licp

rre stealth exhaust

and I did a muse uicp just for kicks {thumbup}

SilliG Feb 17, 2012 10:59 AM

I have a perrin intake and a buschur turboback.. with that being said if I had to do it over again today I would have an STM Intake and the new STM aluminum exhaust. The quality is top notch and the weight savings is incredible

AWD96 Feb 17, 2012 11:26 AM

I have an STM 3" Intake kit with MAF adapter, sounds great, fits great and is super light.

As for exhausts, there is a ton of options out there, STM just released their new aluminum 3" race muffler that bolts in where your test pipe is. That will quiet down any exhaust without hurting performance one bit if your worried about the noise. The Ricer made 870+whp through it. I would suggest a Buschur Turbo back if your looking for an awesome, proven bolt in exhaust, and its one of the lightest SS out.

Evolution Z Feb 17, 2012 11:38 AM

Speed Circuit Wicked Edition catback exhaust. amazing

newbieEVO8 Feb 17, 2012 12:08 PM

On the intake, y not just get a MAF adapter and cone filter?

For your initial power gains the hard pipes intakes won't make that much difference from the stock pipe with a cone filter on the end of it.

hiner005 Feb 17, 2012 12:26 PM

Buy a trust exhaust or Greddy full ti. If you want light weight go fun titanium!!

wordapp! Feb 18, 2012 03:41 PM

Perrin intake ftw! A greddy ti exhaust would also be nice {thumbup}

Kobe24 Feb 18, 2012 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by silverevo05 (Post 9973006)
Your In California so

Aem Intake

ets licp

rre stealth exhaust

and I did a muse uicp just for kicks {thumbup}

Listen to this guy.

mistergomez316 Feb 19, 2012 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by HaVoC187 (Post 9972216)
Injen intake isn't that great, I would get a Perrin instead.
UICP is only for looks so it doesn't matter what you choose, LICP I would go with either ETS or Nisei.
Since you are looking at a Greddy Evo 2 I assume you want a quiet exhaust?

I do want a quiet but a deep sound exhaust. Where I'm from cops are b*tches! Milpitas cops I swear...