EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   stalling/idle dip problem (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/612250-stalling-idle-dip-problem.html)

deadstockkpomp May 17, 2012 01:47 PM

stalling/idle dip problem

i have 272 cams, and my car wants to stall with the ac when rolling then putting the car in neutral sometimes, would it not stall if i come to a roll then put it in nuetral im confused bc the car has a good tune?? the idle dips sometime anyway im confused bc it has a good tune by a reputable person. is it bad to throw the car in neutral when going fast coming to a stop? is that whats causing the idle dip?

chrisw May 17, 2012 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by deadstockkpomp (Post 10169627)
i have 272 cams, and my car wants to stall with the ac when rolling then putting the car in neutral sometimes, would it not stall if i come to a roll then put it in nuetral im confused bc the car has a good tune?? the idle dips sometime anyway im confused bc it has a good tune by a reputable person. is it bad to throw the car in neutral when going fast coming to a stop? is that whats causing the idle dip?

check the idle servo. It's either dirty or failing.

asu11 May 17, 2012 04:13 PM

Are you on stock MAF with a VTA bov?

BlackDismay May 17, 2012 06:14 PM

I have the same problem but I'm on stock cams. It turned out just to be the IAC Sensor, but the problem is returning. Im currently running a Greddy RS Blow off Valve to 100% Atmosphere. Could this cause a problem with idling or drivability and would I need a retune if I got a TurboSmart 50/50?

deadstockkpomp May 17, 2012 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by asu11 (Post 10169934)
Are you on stock MAF with a VTA bov?

yes i believe its a stock maf with a evo 9 dv, and i think i know what my problem is i have a tendency to put the car in nuetral when rolling was and for some reason makes it dip down sometimes if i come to almost a stop in gear then neutral its fine the problem seems to be when moving.

fastyouth1313 May 17, 2012 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by BlackDismay (Post 10170129)
I have the same problem but I'm on stock cams. It turned out just to be the IAC Sensor, but the problem is returning. Im currently running a Greddy RS Blow off Valve to 100% Atmosphere. Could this cause a problem with idling or drivability and would I need a retune if I got a TurboSmart 50/50?

Yes! If you running MAF with VTA you car will nearly stall after acceleration then going to neutral. The only way you can really remedy this issue is going speed density.

fastyouth1313 May 17, 2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by deadstockkpomp (Post 10170151)
yes i believe its a stock maf with a evo 9 dv, and i think i know what my problem is i have a tendency to put the car in nuetral when rolling was and for some reason makes it dip down sometimes if i come to almost a stop in gear then neutral its fine the problem seems to be when moving.

This what I did and it fixed mine.

Take the neg battery of for a few mins.
Then plug it back in. And as soon as you start the car put the a/c on full blast loud music, brights. It will idle horribly but just watch your tach. The idle will start to increase and smooth out. When it smooth out start turning your wheel full left then right the idle will drop again then slowly come it. Your car leans the idle positions and should be good to go. If not then its your sensor

deadstockkpomp May 17, 2012 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by fastyouth1313 (Post 10170164)
This what I did and it fixed mine.

Take the neg battery of for a few mins.
Then plug it back in. And as soon as you start the car put the a/c on full blast loud music, brights. It will idle horribly but just watch your tach. The idle will start to increase and smooth out. When it smooth out start turning your wheel full left then right the idle will drop again then slowly come it. Your car leans the idle positions and should be good to go. If not then its your sensor

how will this affect it later on at stop signs etc. im confused :confused: btw my car is very on target with idle at 1100 its never all over the place and idles about the same with a/c. is there a sensor i can clean or something?

fastyouth1313 May 17, 2012 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by deadstockkpomp (Post 10170174)
how will this affect it later on at stop signs etc. im confused :confused: btw my car is very on target with idle at 1100 its never all over the place and idles about the same with a/c. is there a sensor i can clean or something?

You can clean you MAF you cleaner it might help or the ones on your TB. I'm telling try the battery trick it worked on mine it would idle fine but after acleration it would dip and nearly stall, a guy recommend this to me and it worked

deadstockkpomp May 17, 2012 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by fastyouth1313 (Post 10170180)
You can clean you MAF you cleaner it might help or the ones on your TB. I'm telling try the battery trick it worked on mine it would idle fine but after acleration it would dip and nearly stall, a guy recommend this to me and it worked

ok ill try it tomrrow you said disconnect the negative battery terminal for like 5 minutes?

fastyouth1313 May 17, 2012 06:53 PM

Yea 5 is good. I'm not gaurenteing a fix but it's free to try and it worked on mine. Even if it does still just accel all little bit the go to neutral with the AC on and let it climb back up in rpms, also check and make sure the clamp around the turbo inlet is tight if it's leaking out there it will cause these same symptoms.

Chef-j Jul 9, 2012 07:14 PM

I have a exact same issue. Its worst if i put my A/C at 3 or 4 in during the day (100 degree)
Have you find anything?

deadstockkpomp Jul 9, 2012 08:25 PM

Try tightening the intake going to the turbo worked a little for me, and dont throw the car into neutral when moving fast come to almost a complete stop it should avoid the idle dip, helped me a bit.

brunz44 Jul 10, 2012 09:58 AM

If You have large cams running MAF that's expected switch to sd!

EVO'D8 Jul 16, 2012 06:33 PM

I'd check your sensors before doing any type of stunts