EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   05 Evo Mr rebuilt title resale vaue question (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/710255-05-evo-mr-rebuilt-title-resale-vaue-question.html)

honda-2nr Mar 25, 2015 12:18 PM

05 Evo Mr rebuilt title resale vaue question

Hi im looking at a black 05 Evo Mr with 147k chassis and claimed 66k motor but no paper to prove it. It has a rebuilt title from a previous accident. It is running and driving good. Only needs a new 02 sensor, front end repained (due to clear coat peeling) and possibly tires soon. Ive bought and sold many cars but never any with a rebuilt title. Im located in VA. What would you all value this car at?

Thanks in advance

evo8426 Mar 25, 2015 01:06 PM

8-9k

Fast_Freddie Mar 25, 2015 03:39 PM

If I were you I would steer clean of any kind of rebuilt title, that is my opinion, especially if you ever intend to resell it

robbyredneck Mar 25, 2015 04:56 PM

8k. know that you will be alienating future buyers.

robbyredneck Mar 25, 2015 05:11 PM

8k. know that you will be alienating future buyers.

mrowka Mar 25, 2015 05:37 PM

Unless you really know what you're doing, run away.

CaptainSquirts Mar 26, 2015 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie (Post 11418200)
If I were you I would steer clean of any kind of rebuilt title, that is my opinion, especially if you ever intend to resell it

Not all rebuilt are horrible. Mine had the interior stolen 2-3 years ago and bought it back from insurance company when it was "totaled". Had to get some new seats installed to get the title rebuilt. Besides that I've been the owner for the last 5 years and I know that mechanically there is nothing wrong with it. But in this case I think the value would drop some still but I wouldn't intend to ever sell it.

Fast_Freddie Mar 26, 2015 02:23 PM

If you intend to keep it, then the juice may be worth the squeeze, but as I have said, if you intend to resell it steer clear

pilchenstein Mar 27, 2015 11:51 AM

Rebuilt title is a tough sell.

honda-2nr Mar 28, 2015 10:36 AM

Thanks for all the input guys

Also if I was to trade in a vehicle like this to a dealership down the road, would they give me the same value for it as what you all are saying or less?

adam_79_2005 Mar 28, 2015 01:54 PM

i dont think a dealership would even bother buying your car if it had a re-built title, as all have said already, if you plan on keeping the car forever and know exactly what accident it was in and what was damaged, otherwise I wouldn't bother with a re-built title. The only way I'd look at a peson selling a re-built title was if it was exactly the type of car I was looking for, car fax in hand and could get the price down even further.

MisUnderStood Mar 29, 2015 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts (Post 11418435)
Not all rebuilt are horrible. Mine had the interior stolen 2-3 years ago and bought it back from insurance company when it was "totaled". Had to get some new seats installed to get the title rebuilt. Besides that I've been the owner for the last 5 years and I know that mechanically there is nothing wrong with it. But in this case I think the value would drop some still but I wouldn't intend to ever sell it.

Second that..... They "Total" or brand it "salvaged" based on the cost it would take the insurance compaines to repair the car .... Pretty much 8 out of 10 times its just easier for the insurence companies to go that route.... This is different state to state tho.....I notice California marks pretty much everything salvage.... Could be somthing so simple as the car needs an interior or paint all around..... As long as it wasnt in a serious collision (frame damage) or flooded.... you should be good...... As for the resale value..... Yea the resale isn't there, unless you find the right person type deal.....It more like a car you buy for cheap cheap and either drive it to the ground or turn it into a race car:D

honda-2nr Apr 1, 2015 06:32 PM

Another question for you all, this is an 05 "MR" and is black.. This site says MR's didn't come in black http://www.carsdirect.com/2005/mitsu...olution/colors

did mr's come in black?

italia_evo9 Apr 2, 2015 07:13 AM

I had a rebuilt title 350z. Car was great, performed like a charm never had a single problem for 2 years. Although listen to these guys, stay away from it, when you look to sell itll be the biggest pain to sell. Too many lowballs. Stay away.

laramie_05MR Apr 2, 2015 12:56 PM

Black was not an option.