Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

05 Evo Mr rebuilt title resale vaue question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 Evo Mr rebuilt title resale vaue question

Hi im looking at a black 05 Evo Mr with 147k chassis and claimed 66k motor but no paper to prove it. It has a rebuilt title from a previous accident. It is running and driving good. Only needs a new 02 sensor, front end repained (due to clear coat peeling) and possibly tires soon. Ive bought and sold many cars but never any with a rebuilt title. Im located in VA. What would you all value this car at?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 25, 2015, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
8-9k
Old Mar 25, 2015, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If I were you I would steer clean of any kind of rebuilt title, that is my opinion, especially if you ever intend to resell it
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

8k. know that you will be alienating future buyers.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

8k. know that you will be alienating future buyers.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Driving ten under in the passing lane, right turn signal on at all times.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unless you really know what you're doing, run away.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
If I were you I would steer clean of any kind of rebuilt title, that is my opinion, especially if you ever intend to resell it
Not all rebuilt are horrible. Mine had the interior stolen 2-3 years ago and bought it back from insurance company when it was "totaled". Had to get some new seats installed to get the title rebuilt. Besides that I've been the owner for the last 5 years and I know that mechanically there is nothing wrong with it. But in this case I think the value would drop some still but I wouldn't intend to ever sell it.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you intend to keep it, then the juice may be worth the squeeze, but as I have said, if you intend to resell it steer clear
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:51 AM

Rebuilt title is a tough sell.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:36 AM

Thanks for all the input guys

Also if I was to trade in a vehicle like this to a dealership down the road, would they give me the same value for it as what you all are saying or less?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i dont think a dealership would even bother buying your car if it had a re-built title, as all have said already, if you plan on keeping the car forever and know exactly what accident it was in and what was damaged, otherwise I wouldn't bother with a re-built title. The only way I'd look at a peson selling a re-built title was if it was exactly the type of car I was looking for, car fax in hand and could get the price down even further.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts
Not all rebuilt are horrible. Mine had the interior stolen 2-3 years ago and bought it back from insurance company when it was "totaled". Had to get some new seats installed to get the title rebuilt. Besides that I've been the owner for the last 5 years and I know that mechanically there is nothing wrong with it. But in this case I think the value would drop some still but I wouldn't intend to ever sell it.
Second that..... They "Total" or brand it "salvaged" based on the cost it would take the insurance compaines to repair the car .... Pretty much 8 out of 10 times its just easier for the insurence companies to go that route.... This is different state to state tho.....I notice California marks pretty much everything salvage.... Could be somthing so simple as the car needs an interior or paint all around..... As long as it wasnt in a serious collision (frame damage) or flooded.... you should be good...... As for the resale value..... Yea the resale isn't there, unless you find the right person type deal.....It more like a car you buy for cheap cheap and either drive it to the ground or turn it into a race car
Old Apr 1, 2015, 06:32 PM

Another question for you all, this is an 05 "MR" and is black.. This site says MR's didn't come in black http://www.carsdirect.com/2005/mitsu...olution/colors

did mr's come in black?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 07:13 AM

I had a rebuilt title 350z. Car was great, performed like a charm never had a single problem for 2 years. Although listen to these guys, stay away from it, when you look to sell itll be the biggest pain to sell. Too many lowballs. Stay away.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black was not an option.

Quick Reply: 05 Evo Mr rebuilt title resale vaue question