EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Stock versus modified Evo 8 value (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/739490-stock-versus-modified-evo-8-value.html)

ninja9k1 Apr 24, 2017 05:03 PM

Stock versus modified Evo 8 value

So, I own a 2005 Evo 8 that I'm looking to sell. I've been looking at other Evo 8's in my area (SoCal) to determine the price, but there are 0 that are completely stock like mine. Am I crazy to think that a stock Evo is more desirable than a modified one? Would a stock one be worth more money than say one that had a bunch of stuff done to it? I'm interested to hear opinions on this.

kpt6 Apr 24, 2017 05:18 PM

You don't share much info on your car, but unless it's a low mileage car (a 9 in the right color especially) being bought by a collector, then no I don't think it adds any value. It may be more desirable to some, but being that it's an 8, I don't think it'll have more value than a well-done/tastefully modified 8 that has similar miles and is in similar condition.

ninja9k1 Apr 24, 2017 05:21 PM

I didn't share anything as I wasn't trying to turn this into a pseudo-sale ad for my car. But basically it's WW and stock with 76k miles on it. I priced it a little bit higher than the modified ones that I've seen as I thought it would be more desirable. But I could be wrong, hence the thread starter. But if what you're saying is true, and I definitely see where you're coming from, I may have to adjust the price on mine. Thanks for the response.

nemsin Apr 24, 2017 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by ninja9k1 (Post 11732999)
Am I crazy to think that a stock Evo is more desirable than a modified one?

It depends entirely on the buyer. Some potential buyers think stock = never abused. Most buyers appreciate tasteful mods that make sense (like intake/exhaust/gauges). More 'radical' mods are generally a red flag (meth injection). Also lots of cars get returned to stock before they are sold, so you never really know if a car has truly been stock all its life.

ninja9k1 Apr 24, 2017 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by nemsin (Post 11733008)
It depends entirely on the buyer. Some potential buyers think stock = never abused. Most buyers appreciate tasteful mods that make sense (like intake/exhaust/gauges). More 'radical' mods are generally a red flag (meth injection). Also lots of cars get returned to stock before they are sold, so you never really know if a car has truly been stock all its life.

Yea, this is true. I think after thinking about what you and the other poster said, I might need to adjust my price down a little bit. Thanks for your response.

VWJETTY Apr 27, 2017 02:18 PM

In my opinion i think tastefully modded evo's fetch a good price that's done right and clean with good compression numbers and have paperwork and everything in order. But that's just me.

4G63_EVO Apr 27, 2017 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by ninja9k1 (Post 11733010)
Yea, this is true. I think after thinking about what you and the other poster said, I might need to adjust my price down a little bit. Thanks for your response.

I watch the market pretty close, post up the details and your asking price ill tell you if its too high :lol: Or PM it to me, im curious