EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Moving to Jefferson county co. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/749630-moving-jefferson-county-co.html)

icole Jul 2, 2018 08:16 AM

Moving to Jefferson county co.

I am moving to Arvada co and I’m afraid I won’t be able to register my car. Anyone with experience? I move next June I bought my house today.

blackline Jul 2, 2018 08:22 AM

Why do you think you can't register the car? Whats the mod list? Standalone ECU or Stock?

icole Jul 2, 2018 09:47 AM

Stock ecu mods should mods should be in my signature. I’m hoping it passes or all I have to do is switch cat. It passes pa obdii but they use sniffer on cars older than 10 years

icole Jul 2, 2018 12:41 PM

I realized my signature doesn’t show up on my phone so mods are: ets intake intercooler and piping injectors fuel pump fp hta green dbb stm catchcan Megan o2 housing rre downpipe mil spec 100 cell cat and tenabe cat back. Hallman pro mbc. I’m hoping I can pass but if not just switch to a 50 state legal cat and pass.

wht95scort Jul 2, 2018 01:38 PM

If your running TephraV7 you can force pass all emissions.

blackline Jul 2, 2018 02:56 PM

I don't think you can pass the sniff test with a HF cat.

icole Jul 2, 2018 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by blackline (Post 11829129)
I don't think you can pass the sniff test with a HF cat.

do you live in co? I assume I can just switch cats for the test. Does burning oil matter. I don’t lose enough to notice between oil changes but I can definitely smell it some times it is way better since installing the catch can but the fp green B.B. turbo definitely burns a bit of oil.

seqenretao Jul 3, 2018 11:01 AM

When I lived up in Arapahoe county all I ever had to do was put on my stock cat and it would pass with 0 issues. Most facilities up there will try to put your car on the rollers so be careful of your rims.

IzzyRS Jul 7, 2018 09:18 AM

Hey OP,
There are a couple facebook pages in the area dedicated to Evos. (CECC and Evo Club of Colorado). A few members have catalytic converters you can borrow and rent. As long as your tune is good, you should pass with no issues. I just throw my cat on for emissions and have no issues with my modded Evo on E85. You can read more on the topic in the Facebook groups since emissions gets brought up pretty often.

icole Jul 7, 2018 03:30 PM

Thanks for the feedback I’ll definitly check the fb group I have been off Facebook for a few months but this is a worthwhile cause. I saw a red ix with black rims in Lakewood yesterday it’s the second evo I’ve seen here in my two weeks of house hunting. The other was in northeast golden across from a house I considered buying.

IzzyRS Jul 8, 2018 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by icole (Post 11829787)
Thanks for the feedback I’ll definitly check the fb group I have been off Facebook for a few months but this is a worthwhile cause. I saw a red ix with black rims in Lakewood yesterday it’s the second evo I’ve seen here in my two weeks of house hunting. The other was in northeast golden across from a house I considered buying.

The Evo group is pretty good here, they will help you out. My tuner is familiar with the process to get emissions out of the way. You shouldn't have issues with it, just make sure you do it right. Good luck house hunting, its a tough buyer's market out here lol