Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Moving to Jefferson county co.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moving to Jefferson county co.

I am moving to Arvada co and I’m afraid I won’t be able to register my car. Anyone with experience? I move next June I bought my house today.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Why do you think you can't register the car? Whats the mod list? Standalone ECU or Stock?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Stock ecu mods should mods should be in my signature. I’m hoping it passes or all I have to do is switch cat. It passes pa obdii but they use sniffer on cars older than 10 years
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

I realized my signature doesn’t show up on my phone so mods are: ets intake intercooler and piping injectors fuel pump fp hta green dbb stm catchcan Megan o2 housing rre downpipe mil spec 100 cell cat and tenabe cat back. Hallman pro mbc. I’m hoping I can pass but if not just switch to a 50 state legal cat and pass.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
If your running TephraV7 you can force pass all emissions.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
I don't think you can pass the sniff test with a HF cat.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackline
I don't think you can pass the sniff test with a HF cat.
do you live in co? I assume I can just switch cats for the test. Does burning oil matter. I don’t lose enough to notice between oil changes but I can definitely smell it some times it is way better since installing the catch can but the fp green B.B. turbo definitely burns a bit of oil.

Last edited by icole; Jul 2, 2018 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:01 AM

When I lived up in Arapahoe county all I ever had to do was put on my stock cat and it would pass with 0 issues. Most facilities up there will try to put your car on the rollers so be careful of your rims.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey OP,
There are a couple facebook pages in the area dedicated to Evos. (CECC and Evo Club of Colorado). A few members have catalytic converters you can borrow and rent. As long as your tune is good, you should pass with no issues. I just throw my cat on for emissions and have no issues with my modded Evo on E85. You can read more on the topic in the Facebook groups since emissions gets brought up pretty often.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the feedback I’ll definitly check the fb group I have been off Facebook for a few months but this is a worthwhile cause. I saw a red ix with black rims in Lakewood yesterday it’s the second evo I’ve seen here in my two weeks of house hunting. The other was in northeast golden across from a house I considered buying.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by icole
Thanks for the feedback I’ll definitly check the fb group I have been off Facebook for a few months but this is a worthwhile cause. I saw a red ix with black rims in Lakewood yesterday it’s the second evo I’ve seen here in my two weeks of house hunting. The other was in northeast golden across from a house I considered buying.
The Evo group is pretty good here, they will help you out. My tuner is familiar with the process to get emissions out of the way. You shouldn't have issues with it, just make sure you do it right. Good luck house hunting, its a tough buyer's market out here lol