Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

HKS 272 cams installed *Wierd vibration

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HKS 272 cams installed *Wierd vibration

Can i ask what everyone noticed when the new cams (which ever ones they were) were put in. I got my car back last night after they had been put in and it seems as if the cams produce a small vibration and frequency that can be felt in the throttle andin the car. I was just wondering if this was normal, i really cant explain what it feels like, the vibration is the best word for it i can think of. Anybody know what the hell i am talking about.

I dont know much about this area of the car and dont know what to expect as far as feel from the car.

thanks for the help.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not too sure what you are talking about...the only thing i initially felt was the lopy idle and the vibration that came alot with it, on the engine and exhaust. thats the only thing i can think of though. that problem has long been resolved however, idles like stock.

Last edited by xiaoni420; Sep 7, 2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

I think that is it then, the lopey idle must produce the vibration i am feeling. The car feels good, but like i said i didnt know what to expect as far as feel from the car. it is being tuned shortly.

thanks for the response.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

no problem, good luck with them, they are the Sh*t.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

I am open to other opinions or advice on this issue and having new cams.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

i have a slight vibration too at throttle around 3000rpm and higher. found out that when i installed it i lined up the crank shaft with the mark on the block which then made it to TDC (top dead center) BUT the thing is the Evo 8 stock is suppose to be 3 degrees BTDC (before top dead center) so i was off one tooth, which made my balancer off one tooth which produced the vibration.

My suggestion is to jack up the front of your car, take your upper timing belt cover off. get a 1/2 ratchet put it on the crankshaft and turn it until the lines on your camshaft gears line up with the lines on the valve cover. once those are perfectly lined up, then look down from the top of your engine down to your crankshaft pulley (may have to move the drive belt to see the timing marks on the lower valve cover) but see if it it is between the 5 mark and the 'T'. if it isnt and it is on the 'T' then looks like you are one tooth off too.

I hope this helps you man, there wasnt much help for me out there, but if you have any questions go to this cam shaft install page and read how to check you timing in the first couple pages.

http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php...3_6&tech_id=18

if that dont work it is on www.evomoto.com go to the installation page and find the camshaft install.

Just looking out for the original V-8 Killers